No announcement yet.

Lasik question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had mine done 3 weeks ago.Best money I've spent.I decided after trying mono vision contacts to get distance only. As of right now I can read down to pretty small words and Tie knots while fishing.I have not found a need for readers yet.If it makes sense I went with distance because my body felt most at easy with it after trying contacts for both visions for couple weeks. Im 50 if that helps anyone.

Comment

Had it done YEARS ago. Only bad effect from it was ( at first) my pins would starburst. I ended up going to a single illuminated dot site( apex covert pro) because my fiber optic multi pins would blend together. Actually love the single pin and would do it again in a heart beat.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
        I had it done a few years ago ... right side adjusted for distance, left side nothing done.
        I can see good at distance now, where I couldn't before. It did help shooting a bow.
        Now, I have to wear cheaters to read!
        I did the same thing(monovision), 10 years ago. The eye that was done for distance is still good. The eye that was left as-is for close up has gotten worse so I might have lasiks done in my close vision eye.

I have heard bowhunters say that monovision is bad for judging distance but I haven't experienced that.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakelover View Post
          You must still be a pretty young feller.

When we're young, muscles around the eye flex the eye's shape in order to focus on something either near or far equally well. But as we get older, the eye very gradually loses the flexibility that's needed to adjust focus. For most people it affects seeing close first, so we start having to wear reading glasses of ever-increasing strength. The lasik can correct for either near or far, but it unfortunately can't restore the eye's youthful flexibility.

I'm 44. I've wore glasses or contacts since I was 14. I will admit I know next to nothing about eyes as far as the kinda stuff you mentioned (and I should know more).

I can see pretty decent up really close. Past a couple feet and I start loosing good vision rapidly. I've kicked around getting surgery but have always kinda been scared to do so. Maybe one day I'll do it.

Comment

I got LASIK in 2005; both eyes adjusted to 20/20. The monocular was also mentioned to me, but that is not a good choice for a pilot or anyone that needs good peripheral vision at distance.
            My sight is still fabulous and I am typing this w/o reading glasses at age 58. Yes, very occasionally I will put on the readers for computer use, but almost always wear them at night (low light level) while reading a magazine/book.
            Ultravision in San Antonio (Dr. Tomy Starck).

Comment

I would suggest you get glasses or contacts set up like the proposed lasik to give you a test drive. I had hard contacts set up for mono vision for years and did well with them. When I switched to soft lens it no longer worked.

Comment

Best thing we ever did. My wife & me had it done. Mine is one eye close & one eye far. 60 yrs old & still don't need readers. Great not having to mess with glasses or contacts.

Comment

I’ve been having a hard time with being unable to focus my pins and target! I quit shooting for six years and thought I’d try again. I’m still dealing with the same thing. Two weeks ago I got a new prescription but now I’m seeing double vision on my pins or target depending on which one I’m focusing on and I thoroughly discussed this with 2 different eye doctors before hand- Very frustrating to say the least! I have Cataracts but they aren’t progressed enough to have surgery! I shoot with a spot hog 5 pin but I’ve read that I may need a longer site bar. I don’t like my eyes messed with and I’m still not sold on lasik. Anyways - Carry on !

Comment

Do it op. Your Brian figures out how to see after a couple days. I've personally had lasik, but to fix my distance vision. Close up, I'm good. However, several co workers had one eye done for near, one eye for far. They shoot as good, or better, then they did prior to the surgery.

As sackett said, the procedure is pretty uncomfortable. I would do it again too, but I would get valium to calm the nerves. The teddy bear they gave me to squeeze had no stuffing left in it, my guess is because other folks squeezing it as hard as I was lol

Comment

I've tried this with contacts and it doesn't work for me. Makes me nauseous.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

@CBD10pt We are avid bow hunters and understand that this decision can be a tricky one. Let us know if you have any questions about the blended vision or anything else. We also could potentially demonstrate what the blended vision would be like with contacts if that's something you are interested in. Let us know =)

Comment

Working...
                        X