No announcement yet.

Best PoBoy (Cajun Fare) Beaumont Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carmelos on Calder is the best Mexican food in Beaumont. New York Pizza and Pasta, also on Calder, is pretty good mom and pop Italian. Chaba Thai is very good Thai food.

I agree with the above, Vautrot’s is probably the best Cajun in the area and I miss the days of Sartin’s and The Channel Inn.

I have never been a big fan of Floyd’s. I liked Don’s better.

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
      Yep, old tyme grocery is da best for poboys in laffy
      Going there tomorrow!!!!

You guys talking about Sartins and Channel Inn making me hungry for BBQ crabs.
      Last edited by lovemylegacy; 06-18-2021, 07:47 PM.

Comment

I am a fan of Judice’s in Bridge City as well.

Larry’s in Groves used to be a go-to, but since they sold, it has gone WAY downhill.

Comment

I haven't lived there for a few years but woogies would be the best option that I can think of. There used to be a place in downtown called Zydecos that had a steam table lunch and really good poboys but they closed down.

Comment

If you can't vo to the bar at Floyd's, talk to random strangers and find something you like on the menu there is something wrong with you.

They have good crawfish as well.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Been years since we have been to Floyds....may have to give them a retry.

Comment

Man, may go to Floyds this evening, this is making me hungry. Crawfish bisque for appetizer, crawfish half & half for main course.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodfellah View Post
                  Man, may go to Floyds this evening, this is making me hungry. Crawfish bisque for appetizer, crawfish half & half for main course.
                  Hmmmmm. Yeah,sounds good.

Comment

Larry’s French Market had some fantastic fried boudin back in the day. We’d go buy a mess of them and then go fishing. Good times.

There was a pretty good soul food place too. Can’t remember the name. Ox Tails maybe???? Not sure, it’s been 20 years ago now

Comment

Originally posted by Goodfellah View Post
                      That bisque is good too.

Comment

Originally posted by ram04 View Post
                        That buffett is Kountze according to my in laws in bad to the bone.
                        i live and work in Kountze, not only are mama jacks bbq crabs good but so are there shrimp.., and if you want a really great steak they are the best of any where i have eaten,,,,,, i love their steaks so much i only occasionally get the crabs any more!

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                          If you can't vo to the bar at Floyd's, talk to random strangers and find something you like on the menu there is something wrong with you.

They have good crawfish as well.

Floyd’s is the Dicky’s bbq of Cajun food. Of course, you always said Cajun food was nothing more than overrated southern chinese food. So, there ya go.

Comment

Grew up in Orange and this thread is bringing back some great memories! I miss good seafood!

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                              That bisque is good too.

Their bisque is legit for sure.
                              KDans and Burger Town in orangefield ain’t bad either.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                                Floyd’s is the Dicky’s bbq of Cajun food. Of course, you always said Cajun food was nothing more than overrated southern chinese food. So, there ya go.
                                Lol.

Not even close.

Comment

Working...
                                X