This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    Pull his offer today. No room for “me” guys in a program. I know, he’ll just go somewhere else....fine. Bye...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree completely.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

On a baseball note . . Childress let go today . .

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
        Not really. He hasn't seen the field and it seems like jimbo is making him earn a spot. I believe off field stuff is what has kept him off the field, and it does sound like he was a little raw.

That was sarcasm.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
          That was sarcasm.
          Oh, I missed it, I'm an Aggie, lolol!

Comment

Well played, sir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

[emoji817] days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                  Bad plan. Top RB in Texas. #3 in the nation. Number 12 overall in Texas.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                  Which is a ridiculous rating...However, this is the problem with Texas. The recruits get bumps in rankings which leads to top 10 classes that end up losing to Kansas and Iowa State. Everyone then turns on the coaches because the talent is there so it has to be coaching. Every coach texas hires is put in a no win situation.

So does Sark have talent now? What has Texas recruiting classes been ranked? Then compare that talent to the talent they play in the Big 12. Each week other than OU they step on the field with a considerable talent advantage. What has the record been the last decade? How many players have been drafted out of these top ranked recruits? How many coaches have left - Mack, Strong, Mensa... just a coaching problem...

the texas recruiting analyst spin this as a good thing. the fans bye in whatever they are told or read. However, other whispers are the guy is a locker room problem and has had run ins with the coaches. The rumor is he was getting kicked off. That could be a lie.

However, what isn't a lie is the kid that abandons his high school team will abandon is college team. I don't want a guy on my team that is that selfish or doesn't love the sport enough to want to keep playing. A guy that has rumors of getting in fights and not well liked despite being the star player on a bad team is red flags. Lets see how he pans out. I don't think he is the best (senior) back in the State much less top ranked back or number 3 in nation.

So why does Texas have inflated recruiting rankings? Could be the fact they are one of the largest fan bases and money makers for Rivals and 24/7. The aggies have a large fan base but most of them follow Texags which doesn't make 24/7 or Rivals any money. Always follow the money.

Comment

That kids rating inflated as the offers came pouring in, he's good. He's taking advice from trainers and albeit bad advice in most of our opinions. He'll probably do just fine wherever he ends up which I believe may end up being Bama.

As for the 247 rankings, they get nutty based on the camp's and how kids perform in a camp setting as well as their BS measurable's.

If you don't think Texas' issues on the field have not been largely due to inept coaching decisions and game planning, you haven't watched them play.

There are countless examples from the last coaching staff, much less the one before that.... that even botched a coin toss.

Hopefully, Texas' wandering through the woods will come to an end with this staff. People seem to forget just how far gone Bama football had gotten before Saban arrived.

Also worth noting, Blue committed in February of 2021. It's not like his rankings took a serious jump because of Texas... https://247sports.com/PlayerSport/Ja...itRankHistory/
                    Last edited by Chad C; 05-27-2021, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Inflated recruiting rankings don't lose football games.

Texas had a talent problem from the end of the Mack Brown era until Herman got here. Herman did alot of work to repair that problem. Texas doesn't have a talent problem now, they they do have a depth problem at some positions.

Players and coaches lose football games. Strong was a very poor coach. Herman was better, but his specific blind spots eventually overcame the positives that he brought to the position.

Comment

Two things....

It's mind boggling that Aggy seriously believes that recruit rankings get inflated when they conmit to Texas.

Vince Young quit on his team.

Comment

I don’t know if VY quit on his team, but he should have with those picks he threw that day.

Comment

College Football National Signing Day and Recruiting Talk

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                            Two things....

It's mind boggling that Aggy seriously believes that recruit rankings get inflated when they conmit to Texas.

Vince Young quit on his team.

Not all but some are questionable and it has been discussed many times. More so with Bama...

What is “conmit”? And who is Vince Young?

Comment

Lol making fun of Iowa St. Cyclone has done a 360 with their program and are legit. I guess it's time to cue the commodores and ****cocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                                Somethings change, somethings don’t. Quitters will always be quitters, and there will never be room for them on a real team. Everyone hates the portal, and that’s all it is is a way for guys to quit.

It’s a character flaw that should carry the same shame that stealing and lying should. Accept those things if you want...I do not.
                                I would agree in most scenarios, but I dont see this or the transfer portal as quitting in every circumstance. I believe each situation could be different.

As a good friend/teammate, I would totally understand the decisions being made. These programs have been abusing kids for far too long with zero consequences. That goes for HS and College.

Some kids need an opportunity. Sometimes positions and opportunity are blocked by other intangibles that don't include talent. It could be relationships or some other obstacle in the way.

Justin Fields is a great example to me. There is zero way you can tell me that Fromm was a better player. He had the relationship and the Seniority built up against Fields.

Given the opportunity, Fields proved that he was the much better player.

Again, I think the individual situations differ. I agree some decisions have quitter written all over them.

Comment

Working...
                                X