Organic Herbicides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Organic Herbicides

What do you use? Put in a big garden this year. 10 rows at 25 yds plus large potato hills. My plan is to stay organic or effectively organic. What can I use in the place of gly for next year? I used fresh dirt and compost this year so initial herbicide treatment of the area wasn’t necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve heard vinegar but I don’t know how much or what kind. Might do a google search.

Comment

Here is a good resource for you.

Howard Garrett is one of the leaders in the research, education and promotion of natural organic gardening, landscaping, pet health and pest control and how to enjoy a healthier lifestyle. Howard’s radio show can be heard LIVE from 8 - 11am CST on Sundays in over 200 markets across the nation. You can also hear daily commentaries on radio stations across the U.S. and his weekly radio show is replayed via podcasts and the Dirt Doctor App. You can also join Howard on Facebook, YouTube, events and the Forums. Howard’s natural organic programs works better in every way.

Comment

Vinegar definitely works on especially broad leaf plants.

Also encourage looking into wood chip mulch...aka back to eden gardening as well as deep hay mulch aka Ruth stout. I have very large organic gardens I haven't tilled in over 10 years. Just keep adding compost then covering deeply with either chips or hay. Usually rotate them from year to year. Hardly any weeds.

Plenty of other tactics after that but those are my favorites as they build soil tilth, feed microbes and worms and vastly improve soil over time

Comment

Mulch

Comment

Organic Herbicides

So shred, disc, and then mulch. Sow my seeds and repeat annually. Think Ill go that route since it will keep the soil fed and no chemicals needed. Hopefully the next year I won’t have to worry about the shredding. Right now its a jungle lol.

Thanks all.

Last edited by Ætheling; 08-17-2022, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Diatomaceous earth will repell lots of things. Also, marigolds have a natural insect repellent for bad insects. But, attract the pollinators.

The fish are biting and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

I just realized you wanted herbicides. My bad.

The fish are biting and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

I use Dr.Earth Products

Comment

Have you thought about a tarp? I might try it this spring before planting but don't have many weeds due to the thick layer of mulch I use.

Comment

Working...
                    X