Looks like some relief is coming!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like some relief is coming!

Hard to put much stock in a forecast beyond a few days but it looks like north Texas is finally going to get some relief from the triple digit temps. Starting Thursday they are predicting a string of highs in the upper 80’s and low 90’s with significant chances of rain through the end of the month. Yeah I know it might wash out opening weekend but at this point I’ll take it!

At this point, I think we will take it. Hell I’d hunt in the rain just to hunt and just to not feel 100°

Comment

Hope it works out

Comment

As much as I love dove season , I’m ready for West Texas rain

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          Late season is normally just as good if not better anyway. And the birds are fat.

Comment

Got about 15 minutes of what I’d call maybe a half-way decent rain in Lee County earlier this afternoon. I looked all over the house to see what was making “that noise” before I finally figured it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
              Late season is normally just as good if not better anyway. And the birds are fat.
              This^ And, the cold weather is perfect for the birds to be in a tight group on the ground

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post

I hunt hard all the month of September (3-4 3 day weekends worth)....from DFW to the Panhandle to SoTX x2 this year (white wing special and regular open this year). Late season to me is December-January. October I'm bowhunting. Late season is hit and miss....food is usually scarce at my places and they have been hammered pretty good by us.

I say all that to say....bring on the rain and that's a first for me. LOL...I hate late August /September rain..
                Last edited by Smart; 08-14-2022, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Prayers we see it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We got .3" in Seguin today---first measurable precipitation since June I believe.

Comment

If we can get a good soaking rain for a few days we will get a 3rd cutting which will take us out of the worry we're in but I need alot to fill the pond.......soaked ground then downpours for all runoff.........gonna be interesting

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                        Got about 15 minutes of what I’d call maybe a half-way decent rain in Lee County earlier this afternoon. I looked all over the house to see what was making “that noise” before I finally figured it out.

Ive been there this summer. What the heck is that sound? Helicopter???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

These cool fronts might be good for dove hunting. Might push them big fat Kansas red legs down sooner and in bunches. Only seems to happen about once every 10 years. Maybe this year is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            I agree, we really need some rain at our place!

Comment

Come on with it !
                              Just plowed up my field.
                              Ready for chance of rain so I can sew it.
                              Last edited by sasqy; 08-14-2022, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X