Is chewing cigars still a thing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is chewing cigars still a thing?

A judge ,that I worked for, chewed them for as long as I knew him. Was this more common say fifty years ago?

By the way, he wasn’t like most would picture a judge to be like. He grew up farming n ranching and all he ever knew was hard work. Didn’t wear suits or ties. Cowboy hat, button up shirt, jeans & boots. In his younger years he was heavy into rodeoing. A better friend you couldn’t have than he. Lost him a few years back.

I still see a few old times chewing them . Not very often . I do know more that smokes them now

Comment

not being smart, but what is the point? ive seen folks do it, but never knew why.

Comment

I only know one guy that does it. I don't see him often but I've never seen him without a cigar in his mouth.

Comment

My wife won’t kiss me after I’ve smoked a cigar. So I chew them on occasion…

last time I chewed one though I was also intoxicated and got carried away with my chewing…. Huge head spin and couldn’t keep my dinner down!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I used to for years til my dentist showed me my teeth were wearing down on one side.

Comment

Originally posted by Howdy View Post
              not being smart, but what is the point? ive seen folks do it, but never knew why.
              I knew a guy who chewed cigars and I asked him why he didn’t smoke them. He said that he promised his wife that he’d quit smoking and he did.

Comment

Yeah I've saw a lot of the old timers do it, but not many nowadays

Comment

My grandpa did. Only person I’ve ever known to do it. Dunno why he did it either. Maybe something he picked up in wwII.

Comment

My Grandpa chewed King Edwards cigars pretty much until he passed away, he very rarely lit em up

Comment

I still chew on them. I used to smoke them, but the after taste sticks around too long. Some ask why, its for the nicotine just like a chew or snuff.

Comment

my dad who hated smoke would always chew on them. Said he liked the flavor but hated the smell of smoke. I still remember most of the older guys at our lease sitting around the card table and more of them chewed a cigar than smoked it. Dont see it too often now though

Comment

I grew up in sale barns and just about every cattle buyer chewed them back in the day. Very few people do now days.

Comment

My dad used to smoke it half way down then chew the rest.

Comment

If I am going to chew its Cope. Chewed on a cigar a few times when I use to smoke them regularly and it did nothing for me...

Comment

Working...
                              X