Best boat for bay AND lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best boat for bay AND lake

Starting to look for something that will handle the chop of Lake Conroe (I know, I know) and the bays of Texas.

How about a lake and bay?! Lol

Kinda depends on what you want to spend. There are several different boats that should fit your needs.

Comment

Majek extreme is a good compromise. Won't rune real shallow but will handle chop. I'm sure there are others.

Comment

Budget? Fishing only or pleasure and water sports?

Comment

I would lean to a pathfinder or some type of center console on that type.

Comment

I love my Nautic Star Hybrid 211 CC.

Comment

If I had to pick one boat to run every lake and bay in the state of Texas it would be a Haynie magnum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Get you a blackjack 224.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                  If I had to pick one boat to run every lake and bay in the state of Texas it would be a Haynie magnum.

If you want a 25 magnum my brother is selling his. Low hrs.

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
                    Can you send some details to 832-six 5 1- nine 686? Thank you.

Op, I’d definitely look to a center console and if a fishing and leisure boat, maybe something with a convertible front casting area to lounge.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post

Same here. They are a great riding boat!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post

I don’t run lakes enough to justify the Magnum, plus I like being able to run stupid skinny when needed. I stay with my cat hull for the time being.

Comment

I like a haynie ride, finish etc but hate they dont have any storage. Im OCD about a cluttered deck

As to the OP.......budget will decide what route to go. Ive enjoyed my nautic star shallow bay. It spends most of its life on the lake now but its also seen oysters and short rigs. The lake quite nasty memorial day weekend and I couldnt imagine runnin around in a bass boat or a toon that day. We only saw one other boat and it was a bluewave

Comment

If I was to do a v style hull, hands down Haynie Magnum otherwise it would be a Simmons.

Comment

24' Ranger Bay has worked perfect for me

Comment

Working...
                              X