Arrow Recommendation...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrow Recommendation...

I have 3 bows. I initially set them all up with Beman Centershots, which are no longer made, but were 6mm shafts. So Easton decides to quit making them.

Then I switch over to Axis 6mm. Again, Easton decides to quit making them.

Then I swtich over to Aftermath 6mm. Guess what. Easton has decided to quit making them.

I have $200 worth of inserts and nocks for 6mm shafts. I set up for that size.

What the hell? Is 6mm like the kiss of death?

Look like I've got to switch AGAIN thanks to Easton. Recommendations appreicated.
    Last edited by SJP51; 02-22-2022, 08:40 PM.

I use gold tips when I’m not using wood or aluminum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I believe the Easton Bloodline is 6mm. They are good arrows

Comment

They still make 6MM FMJ’s!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Kenner97 View Post
          I believe the Easton Bloodline is 6mm. They are good arrows
          Yes. Use them with my compound.
          Also the Centershots are still made just marketed as an Easton shaft now.Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220222-214518_Chrome.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	24677924

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Fleabay when all else fails. You can find some most likely discounted and stock up. Might talk a bit to find exactly what you want but you will.

Comment

Big Jims as well.

Comment

Easton's website sucks. It shows Aftermath shafts still, but multiple sales sites show it as discontinued. It does NOT show the Bloodline or Centershot shafts, which do seem to be available.

I'm think I'm done with Easton. Maybe just make my own out of scrap 2x4's and save myself some time and heartache.
                Last edited by SJP51; 02-23-2022, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Lol. What spine were you looking for bud. I'll see if I can't locate them for you.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                    Lol. What spine were you looking for bud. I'll see if I can't locate them for you.
                    Easton Aftermath 600 spine. It's what I shoot in my 38# Bob Lee. Nice and easy to shoot.

I've searched the web pretty hard. The 600 spine Easton 6mm shafts are gone. And I've got just 9 arrows for 3D season.

Comment

You only need one for 3D season.

Comment

Yeah, 600s are tough to find.

Comment

It does stink. I bought a few dozen a year ago and wish I'd have tripled my order. I may just quit shooting pigs with and set up some cheap, pig specific arrows. I don't loose or tear many up other wise but pigs I loose or tear up at least a dozen a year.

Comment

In the same boat I started with a Beman that uses H nock which is 6mm and had lots of components so I switched to FMJ 6mm then those got more and more expensive so I went to the Bloodline

Comment

The bloodline is a decent arrow. It's just not heavy enough in grains per inch for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X