Loose limb bolts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loose limb bolts

I'm always careful attaching the limbs on my Bob Lee's. Not too tight to cause damage, but nice and snug.

I shoot 20 to 30 shots a day. A few weeks from assembly, I noticed one of the bolts loose. Took off the sting and they were all loose.

I know I'm not the first. Do you put anything on limb bolt threads to keep them from getting loose? Thread tape? Wax?

String wax

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

finger nail polish

Comment

Hmm??? Never had that happen with any takedown I’ve owned. I think I’d try the string wax first.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I am with Bisch on this one.I have never had that happen,and I have a pile of them.String wax is what I would try.

Comment

Me either. But my experience is limited.

Comment

Fingernail polish is substituted quite often for Loctite thread locker. It is cheaper and you can steal it from the little lady, which makes it almost free. That is what I use to keep screw-in points tight. Wax works too.

Comment

You probably just need to snug them up a bit more than you do.

Comment

If the wax doesn’t do the trick, I would look into some Vibra-TITE VC-3
                  It’s a non permanent thread locker and is reusable over several assembly/ disassembly cycles.

Comment

The fine folks at Bob Lee advised that shooting 20 to 30 per day for a few weeks adds up, and can result in a loose bolt. Their suggestion was to de-string occasionally and check the snugness. I'll do that. But also use some stiff string wax.
                    Last edited by SJP51; 12-21-2021, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X