Car insurance prices!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car insurance prices!

My policy renewed on July 1 and the prices are through the roof! I'm now paying over 3000 a year for 2017 kia, 2011 Subaru and 1997 for ranger. This is double the price from last year.

My wife and I are the only drivers on the policy and we have perfect driving records with zero tickets or accidents and zero claims.

Anyone else out there seeing crazy increase in vehicle insurance this year? I'm shopping now to get back around $1200 a year.

Originally posted by topshot View Post
    My policy renewed on July 1 and the prices are through the roof! I'm now paying over 3000 a year for 2017 kia, 2011 Subaru and 1997 for ranger. This is double the price from last year.

My wife and I are the only drivers on the policy and we have perfect driving records with zero tickets or accidents and zero claims.

Anyone else out there seeing crazy increase in vehicle insurance this year? I'm shopping now to get back around $1200 a year.
    Same here on big increases, ended up switching to Progressive after 16 years with Geico and really did save a bunch of money.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Try calling your insurance company and telling them you are going to leave for better prices. I did this with Geico and they instantly dropped my bill substantially. Apparently I was eligible for a bunch of “incentives” that magically appeared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You have to play the game with insurance companies like satellite TV providers.

If you don't switch carriers every couple of years you will end up in the same position every time in my experience.

I switched to an independent agent over 10 years ago and she shops the carriers against each other, which has saved me thousands of dollars.
        Last edited by HOOKNBULLET2; 07-30-2022, 10:00 AM. Reason: sp

Comment

Originally posted by HOOKNBULLET2 View Post
          You have to play the game with insurance companies like satellite TV providers.

If you don't switch carriers every couple of years you will end up in the same position every time in my experience.

I switched to an independent agent over 10 years ago and she shops the carriers against each other, which has saved me thousands of dollars.
          This. I turned 25 last year and all I looked forward to was the big drop in insurance that comes with your 25th as a male. Well Geico **** near doubled my rate at the start of this year (bday was in december), swapped to progressive and got a $300/yr cut from my OG rate of 2021. Loyalty to an insurance company gets you no where and swapping is pretty painless

Comment

Switch providers. We have to switch yearly.

Comment

$1200? You only paid $1200 last year for three vehicles? Do you only carry liability insurance? Have you called your Agent to see why it increased so much? As we know.....everything has gone up under this Administration and Covid. So many factors to think about. The rise of uninsured motorist claims affects all of us negatively. People that used to pay their bills can not afford to. They are paying their rent and buying food. If your bill doubled and you only carry liability then yes, I would search around real quick. Do you have your Home and Auto bundled? This will help your rate. I could go on and on with questions but you get the idea. Hopefully you will find something lower. I am paying $3376 per year for three vehicles. The newest vehicle is a 2017, 2007, 2006. I do have higher coverages for work though. I am fully covered and then some.

Comment

Car insurance prices!

Mine renews in August but currently I pay $320 per month for 3 vehicles, full coverage with high limits and low deductibles, my 5th wheel, golf cart, and 2 personal articles policies.

This is with State Farm and I’ve been with them for +/- 35 years. I’ve shopped against them and no one has been able to beat them with the exact same coverage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Full coverage on all vehicles. 3rd vehicle added this month but the annual premium for the third added is only 480 per year.

The 100/300/100 bodily injury coverage is nearly $1800 by itself.

Comment

FWIW....

Two over 60 drivers,
                    Three vehicles, two are newer and expensive
                    Umbrella Policy mandates higher policy coverages $300/$500/$100

Six month premium $1475.00 or Annual $2950.00

Policy renews in October.

Comment

Switch

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh, don't even get me started. Those mafioso are the complete devil.

Comment

Originally posted by EarleyBird View Post
                          Oh, don't even get me started. Those mafioso are the complete devil.
                          If you think insurance companies screw people over, you should see their customers.

Comment

I just got a quote to insure 4 cars for $87 a month.

They're "not driven much" classic VWs, but hey ... there's hope!

Comment

Have y'all shopped for a car lately? Used prices are up 20% in two years.

Repair costs in Texas are up 14% last I saw from 21-22.

It's gonna cause things to go up.

Comment

Working...
                              X