No announcement yet.

Best place to buy tires?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm an anywhere but discount guy. I have a local shop that beats their prices, and if I have a problem with a tire and I'm out of pocket, I have a cell phone and money to get me back on the road. They just rubbed me the wrong way several years ago. The local shop does the free flat and rotation and warranty. And it doesn't require 2 hours out of my day to get it done.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
      That’s a BS way of doing business. Why don’t they give you their best price upfront? I’ve had car dealerships do the same crap. I won’t buy from those types of places.
      I'm the same way about price match.

Comment

With 4 cars and no time - I use Discount. Need to drop off a car this morning.................
        Last edited by Johnny Dangerr; 07-18-2020, 08:39 AM.

Comment

One of our lease members bought the tire warranty from Ford for his new truck two years ago. We have large thorns on Our Starr Co. ranch. The warranty co. has replaced 6 tires for him with side wall punctures. Discount Tire offers the same warranty.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
            How much were these tires?

Bought in June last year. $680 and some change for the size for her Camry.

What size goes on your suv?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Most independent tire shops can provide you a warranty that can be used anywhere in the country at thousands of shops. Actually gives you more options when traveling than having to only find a DT. I got tired of the hard pressure up sale and refusing to do a lot of things. They finally lost my business a while back when I had a set of tires and rims that came from them that I bought from someone else. They were not that old. I had one that was leaking slowly around the bead. I was planning on paying since no warranty. I had a wedding to attend later that day and told them my deadline for getting out of there. I said if you are busy and can’t I understood and would be happy to come back. He said no problem. Pulled the truck in and had tire pulled off in 5 minutes. It proceeded to lay there on the shop floor for the next 40 minutes with no one looking at it. Not until I reminded them of my time crunch did they finally look at it. They then told me the rim had corrosion and they couldn’t put it back on and he started pushing me on new rims. Why on earth would I buy more crap from them when the ones I had from them lasted less than 2 years. I demanded he let me see the rim. They didn’t even have the tire all the way off. Only broke the bead. I reached in the rim and wiped some crusty dirt off the bead( had been in some deep mud recently). It was then that I started to get hot. Told them to wipe the rim with a rag and put my tire back on. It still took them 30 minutes and the guy still had the nerve to ask if I was still interested in new rims. I was late for the wedding and have never stepped foot in a DT again. And the tire hasn’t leaked in over 2 years now.

Comment

I run cooper discover ht plus on my truck. I order them off amazon and have them shipped to the house free. Go down to the local mom and pop tire shop and pay 60.00 to get them mounted and balanced.

no warranty. but I can replace two tires and still be cheaper then discounts total price for 4 out the door with their warranty and fees

Comment

I’m a Discount fan myself!

Comment

Originally posted by Alderrg View Post
                    I run cooper discover ht plus on my truck. I order them off amazon and have them shipped to the house free. Go down to the local mom and pop tire shop and pay 60.00 to get them mounted and balanced.

no warranty. but I can replace two tires and still be cheaper then discounts total price for 4 out the door with their warranty and fees

Or you can get them prices matched and have the warranty to replace and still come out ahead of buying a new tire. Just a thought

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                      That’s a BS way of doing business. Why don’t they give you their best price upfront? I’ve had car dealerships do the same crap. I won’t buy from those types of places.
                      Totally agree. Imagine all the little old ladies and people that get taken advantage of. I'll happily give my business to a place that honestly just gives their best price up front. Why give the business to the company that tried to charge more in hopes you didn't notice?

Comment

Discount Tires

Comment

My wife is looking at the Falken Pro G5 CSV 235/65/18 106V SL BSW

At Discount they are $135/each.

1. Are these tires good? Discount said they are the best that are not high dollar ones. Next up was close to $200

2. Can anyone find them online cheaper? I want to price match so I can add on warranties and crap. $540 but total came to $680 (or about that).

Can we ask for them to come down on the price on the tires or do we need to do the price match thing? Or do you just ask what they can get the total down to and let them lower whatever's racking it up to $680?

Comment

Used to use Discount Tire and then found Michelin’s at Costco with a rebate that blew all other prices out of the water even after buying the membership.

I’m not familiar with the tires you mentioned, but here’s a site that compares tires: https://m.tirerack.com/tires/tests/t...b=ResultCharts

Comment

I’ve never thought to negotiate a tire price or have someone push tires on me. I don’t really go tire shopping, I have tires I prefer and when I need tires or I buy something that needs tires I find out which discount has them in stock and I walk in and walk out usually within an hour. I bought I Trailer today in El Campo, tires were 7 years old so I stopped at discount tire In Victoria, walked in told them what I needed, paid, and was out within an hour. I guess I’m a discount fan. As far as tires I love a Michelin on car/truck and prefer a Goodyear marathon on trailer. I love giving my opinions LOL

Comment

Brezina’s tires

Comment

Working...
                                X