Tractor Size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tractor Size

I’m looking to buy a tractor real soon just not sure what size I need. I have 27 acres of which 8 acres is cleared off for for animals. 3 acres right now have animals on it, but the other 5 has been cleared about 2 years ago & needs mowing. The only thing I can think of that would be needed of the tractor is to maybe pick up a dead horse or cow, maybe pick up a round bale & mow & keep the cleared land maintained. Maybe some light clearing of the rear of the property when I get time.

The tractor definitely will have a front end loader & 4-wheel drive.

What size do y’all recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buy bigger than you actually think you need. 4wd is a must.

Sent from my SM-A536V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
      Buy bigger than you actually think you need. 4wd is a must.

Sent from my SM-A536V using Tapatalk
      You won’t regret doing this.

Comment

At least 50 hp.

Comment

I sold my 50hp and bought a new 4wd 26hp with loader bushog disc and forks for my 40 acres. A couple acres are food plots and several acres get mowed. It does all I need and more.

Comment

50 or more . I have a 45 hp 4x4 wish it was larger

Comment

50+ PTO hp

Comment

I have a 48 hp JD 4320 and I love it. Was worried it was a little small but it gets around fine.

Dug out a trash pit with it today

Comment

My 50 horse Kubota does really well in that environment. Front end loader, four wheel drive, and HST required.

Comment

Originally posted by txtrophy85 View Post
                    I have a 48 hp JD 4320 and I love it. Was worried it was a little small but it gets around fine.

Dug out a trash pit with it today
                    I’ve been looking for a cab 4720- tough little tractors!

Comment

50 would treat you right.

Comment

From your description, you need need a tumble bug and a chain. Probably save a couple grand if neighbor has a tumble bug.

Comment

I have a 47 hp 4x4 HST and it is great. Still small enough to get in the tighter spots. The dozer and skid steer is called in to do the tougher stuff. The tractor and the grapple bucket does wonders after things are knocked down. Get the front remotes.

Comment

Originally posted by HYDRO_69 View Post
                            I have a 47 hp 4x4 HST and it is great. Still small enough to get in the tighter spots. The dozer and skid steer is called in to do the tougher stuff. The tractor and the grapple bucket does wonders after things are knocked down. Get the front remotes.
                            2nd this.
                            Get front remotes to run a grapple. Just got mine installed on tractor and did some work with it. Awesome addition!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                              I sold my 50hp and bought a new 4wd 26hp with loader bushog disc and forks for my 40 acres. A couple acres are food plots and several acres get mowed. It does all I need and more.
                              Since he wants something that will move round bales a 26 hp is going to be hard to do without the front wheels touching the ground.

Comment

Working...
                              X