Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Venison Sausage link recipes?

Hey Y'all!

I'm going to take some time this weekend and make a big batch of venison sausage. This will be my first time attempting this but I feel like I have covered all of my bases other than the recipe.

Any suggestions or recipes y'all could share would be appreciated.

I was going to try the bay and garlic recipe on Hunter, Angler, Gardener, Cook website. has anyone tried this?

My only advice would be to make a small batch first and try it. Then you can make any changes you want. Good luck and enjoy it.

Comment

I like the fiesta venison sausage seasoning. Eyeball in some red pepper flakes if you want some heat.

Comment

Mesquite country posted some top quality sausage recipes a good while back. Type his user name in the search bar.

Comment

I've used Mesquite Country's excel spreadsheet for years. It's the best I've found.

Found here

Comment

^^^^This. Used them for years also. Very easy to tweak the amounts to your own tastes as well and save in the spreadsheet so it’s easy to repeat the tweak the next year. My favorites are the Andoille, Bratwurst and Chorizo. The chorizo is awesome with a wild hog.

Comment

I've always used Reo Spices. Polish or the old fashion #3. The of #3 is what I always used for pan sausage. Tried it in smoked link sausage last year and holy cow it was good.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybo31 View Post
                I've always used Reo Spices. Polish or the old fashion #3. The of #3 is what I always used for pan sausage. Tried it in smoked link sausage last year and holy cow it was good.
                REO is good stuff, that’s all I use. I like their German sausage seasoning for links. Never had anything bad from them.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
                  I've used Mesquite Country's excel spreadsheet for years. It's the best I've found.

Found here
                  This is good. Michael posted a video several years with Stolles secret stolen family recipe. I’ve used it the last couple of years. Really good.

Comment

I've been an AC Legg user for years. #6, #10, or #29. I also use half wild pork, half venison, or sometimes 1:4 pork fat trimmings to venison. I've used pork casings my whole life, but used collagen this last time. Won't go back to pork casings.

Comment

AC Legg. 60-40 and add 20-25 fresh jalapeños to 25 pound grind with 1/2 cup course black pepper. I like hot but you can trim down to taste. Natural hog large casings mix with ice cold water near frozen. Can’t beat Legg’s.

Comment

Homemade sausage recipes for pork, beef, venison, duck, chicken, and other meats, with 50 tested recipes for making sausage at home.

Have tried several of Hank Shaw's recipes and have been very happy with all of them.

Comment

Found here
                          This is awesome, thanks!

Comment

This place has everything you need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Found here
                              These are great! Dumb question....when the recipe says pork butt, is it referring to cuts from a pork hind quarter or pork fat/ fat back? For example, are most of these recipes 1/2 pork and 1/2 venison?

Comment

Working...
                              X