Long shot: place to park/sleep near Stonewall, Tx this weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long shot: place to park/sleep near Stonewall, Tx this weekend

I got an opportunity to go hunt axis this weekend 4/3-4/5 near Stonewall on short notice. The KOA near there closed down camping sites near where I hunt. I would prefer to avoid hotel/motels. I'm looking to see if anyone knows of a place I can park my truck overnight to sleep Friday/Saturday night. I'll leave no trace behind, happy to pay a small fee.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Go ask Sam at the chevron station if he would let you park behind his store.

Also may try the jelly stone resort on 290....nice place I’ve stayed there before in my trailer.

One other option is the Hye Moon inn....small B&B that may have a room

Comment

Originally posted by txtrophy85 View Post
      Go ask Sam at the chevron station if he would let you park behind his store.

Also may try the jelly stone resort on 290....nice place I’ve stayed there before in my trailer.
      The chevron right next to the Stonewall Inn? I usually eat the catfish dinner there friday nights

Comment

Heck, there in stonewall is several "open" parking areas you could hole up in overnight. You gonna be gone before daylight.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
          Heck, there in stonewall is several "open" parking areas you could hole up in overnight. You gonna be gone before daylight.
          I thought about the parking lot of the cafe that's being renovated across from the Chevron. It'd be nice to have permission though.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper View Post
            The chevron right next to the Stonewall Inn? I usually eat the catfish dinner there friday nights
            Yes. Owners name is Sam, he’s a good guy.

Los cazadores owns the old lindig cafe now. It’s vacant but still would be better to have permission.

Comment

I thought about the parking lot of the cafe that's being renovated across from the Chevron. It'd be nice to have permission though.

agreed... on principal alone.

there's a rest area just east of Stonewall I think. May could hole up there.

Comment

You're a decent person to be concerned about doing it the right way. There are probably a bunch of places you could park overnight in Hye. The Courthouse is a thought. The Walmart in Johnson City allows overnight parking.

Comment

If I may ask, where are you hunting? We used to hunt axis in Stonewall and I miss that place.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                    agreed... on principal alone.

there's a rest area just east of Stonewall I think. May could hole up there.
                    Oh yeah, just east of LBJ park, driven by 100s of times.

Originally posted by grishw1 View Post
                    You're a decent person to be concerned about doing it the right way. There are probably a bunch of places you could park overnight in Hye. The Courthouse is a thought. The Walmart in Johnson City allows overnight parking.
                    I didn't realize there was a Wally World in JC, i always drive in from the Southside. There is one on the east side of Fredericksburg too, good call

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
                    If I may ask, where are you hunting? We used to hunt axis in Stonewall and I miss that place.
                    North side of the Pedernales River off Jung road, private land.

Comment

Please tell me where there is a Wal Mart in Johnson City? There isn't.

Comment

I got an opportunity to go hunt axis this weekend 4/3-4/5 near Stonewall on short notice. The KOA near there closed down camping sites near where I hunt. I would prefer to avoid hotel/motels. I'm looking to see if anyone knows of a place I can park my truck overnight to sleep Friday/Saturday night. I'll leave no trace behind, happy to pay a small fee.

PM me. I have a place about 4 miles West of Stonewall. You can park there. I'd offer you a place to stay but I'm not bringing people into my house at this moment...especially strangers. But you need a safe place to park come on.

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
                          PM me. I have a place about 4 miles West of Stonewall. You can park there. I'd offer you a place to stay but I'm not bringing people into my house at this moment...especially strangers. But you need a safe place to park come on.
                          Amazing! PM on the way.

Comment

Walmart? In Johnson City? It must be BRAND NEW because it wasn't there a few days ago. Just yankin' your chain man. But there isn't a Walmart in Johnson City.

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
                              I'd keep your eye on this guy!

Amazing! PM on the way.

He's a good dude. And he needs to call me today...

Comment

Working...
                              X