COVID-19 Perspective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COVID-19 Perspective

I know, I know, another corona thread. I hadn't seen this article in any of the other threads and I didn't want it to get stuck in the middle of one and overlooked.

I'm no MD but I like to believe I think pretty rationally and this article made a lot of sense in my head. Maybe we're on the way out of this "pandemic" more than we think.

If you weren’t very ill in late January or February, you probably know someone who was. The complaints often sounded the same: A fever for days, a stubborn and unusual-sounding cough…

Moser is gonna be ******.

Comment

cliff notes? explain it to me like i'm 5.

Comment

There seems to be logic in his statements

Comment

Yes it makes sense. I know a bunch of folks that had a bad flu like illness in Jan but tested negative for flu.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
            We've been dealing with covid for months but no one knew what it was so we couldn't put a tally next to the deaths that were related to it.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
              Cdc has been tracking an influenza like illness since December in the United States. Indications are that it was likely covid 19 and no one knew that. Hence the virus may be much farther along in the spread curve than though. Also natural resistance may be much better as people have recovered.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                Moser is gonna be ******.
                Lol...he will get over it.

Comment

That was a good read and she is spot on with what's the bigger fear about all this.

Her last statement sums up the real fear.

"If this is the new normal, where incomplete data and media-fueled panic rule the day, that is an even more frightening prospect than what’s happening right now."

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

I've thought that for a while now. Mentioned a few times that the news kept reporting an unusual amount of deaths from the flu for seemingly healthy people, and a worse year overall.

Comment

can they test you to see if you had it post recovery? i really think this is what i had in january.

Comment

I had ILI during the second week of January. When I went to the Dr's I had a 101 degree fever with all the other signs of flu but tested negative. The Dr just wrote it off as an upper respiratory infection.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                          We've been dealing with covid for months but no one knew what it was so we couldn't put a tally next to the deaths that were related to it.
                          both my wife and my oldest son went through a week around Christmas where they tested negative for flu but had all the symptoms. they were treated for flu and bronchitis, sounds like it could have been the corona after all.

Comment

I would not be surprised that this virus has been here long before the panic set in.
                            I pretty sure I know some that have already had it back in January. (no way prove it)

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                              can they test you to see if you had it post recovery? i really think this is what i had in january.
                              I think the test shows if you had it based on the antibodies or something like that in your blood. Not sure anyone has any spare tests for a while though.

Comment

Working...
                              X