This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RaginCagin View Post
    He’s more than a decent DC. He was a really good one when he coached under Miles at LSU. The question is can he have the same transformation coach O had and calm his temper and not lose it on players and the media.

I will defer to you boys. I never knew he was at lsu.

I still can’t stand a man who doesn’t know how to wear a cap right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      I will defer to you boys. I never knew he was at lsu.

I still can’t stand a man who doesn’t know how to wear a cap right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Yep he was the DC for LSU’s 2007 NC. A week later he became the head coach at Nebraska.

Bo Pelini, one of the most respected and innovative defensive minds in football, will coach his final game with the Tigers against Ohio State in the BCS National Championship Game after being named the head coach at Nebraska on Dec. 2.

Pelini spent three years with the Tigers, establishing LSU as one of the nation’s top defenses during that time. In each of his three years with the Tigers, Pelini’s defenses ranked No. 3 in the nation in yards allowed. LSU also ranked No. 3 nationally in scoring in 2005 and No. 4 in 2006.

In three years with the Tigers, Pelini’s defenses have produced four NFL Draft picks along with six first-team All-America selections, which includes defensive tackle Glenn Dorsey and safety Craig Steltz in 2007.

Featuring an aggressive style that puts his players in position to make plays, LSU’s defense ranked among the top 10 in the nation in three categories in 2007 ? No. 3 in total defense (283.8 yards per game), No. 3 in pass efficiency defense (96.16 rating) and No. 9 in pass defense (180.8 yards per game). LSU also ranked among the top two in the SEC in five categories.

Last year, LSU’s defense thrived in its second year under Pelini, leading the SEC in six categories and ranking among the top five in the nation in total defense (No. 3 at 242.8 yards per game), scoring defense (No. 4 at 12.6 points per game), pass defense (No. 3 at 145.7 yards per game) and pass efficiency defense (No. 3 with a 92.2 rating).

In 2006, the Tigers had streaks of 16 and 10 quarters without allowing a touchdown and they also limited opponents to only 27 first quarter points and just 87 first half points the entire season.

In addition, the 242.8 yards LSU allowed per game last year on defense was the fewest surrendered by a Tiger team since the 1976 squad allowed 233.1 yards per game. Also, the LSU secondary gave up only 145.7 yards passing a contest a year ago, the fewest since the 1990 Tigers allowed 126.8 yards per game.

LSU’s 2006 defense also produced a pair of first-team All-Americans in free safety LaRon Landry and Dorsey. Landry went on to become the sixth overall pick by the Washington Redskins in the 2007 NFL Draft.

Pelini made an immediate impact in his first year at LSU, taking over a Tiger defense that ranked among the best in the nation the two previous years and making them even better. With an attacking style, Pelini's 2005 defense ranked among the top 10 in the nation in four categories, including No. 3 nationally in total defense (266.8 yards per game), scoring defense (14.2 points per game) and pass defense efficiency (96.3 rating). LSU also ranked No. 6 in the nation in total defense (91.5 yards per game).

Pelini's defense allowed seven points or less six times, including holding Miami to only three points in the 2005 Peach Bowl. The Tiger defense also held opponents out of the endzone in the first quarter 11 times in 13 games in 2005.

LSU's most dominating defensive performance came in the season finale against Miami as the Tigers limited the Hurricanes to 153 yards of offense and only six first downs in the 40-3 victory. In the second half, the Hurricanes mustered only three yards of offense as they were held without a first down for the final two quarters.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
        I also saw Mond on a list of best returning QBs.
        You must have been reading the funny papers!!

Comment

Eaux and Beaux. Wouldn’t that be something. You just can’t make this stuff up.

Comment

Hermans last stand. Put up or adios mofo.

Comment

What the heck is up with Zach Evans? Rumor had it he is already enrolled at A&M, yet he posted a picture on his IG in LSU gear and is currently at Ole Miss for an official visit?

Comment

I’m guessing that rumor wasn’t true.

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
                  What the heck is up with Zach Evans? Rumor had it he is already enrolled at A&M, yet he posted a picture on his IG in LSU gear and is currently at Ole Miss for an official visit?
                  Zach who?

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
                    Nobody knows with this kid, hell he doesn't know himself. We moved on from what I can tell. It's apparent he doesn't want to be an Aggie. Closing in on a different RB (Hubbard) now. We can't screw this up as RB is a position of need right now with some recent turnover at the position.

Comment

Aranda compliments Coach Eaux…….

During Dave Aranda's introductory press conference at Baylor on Monday, the former LSU defensive coordinator had nothing but high praise for Ed Orgeron.[quote]"

Comment

Not much different than Saban or any other high emotion type coaches.

Comment

Pelini is a hot head. Saban gets away with that stuff because of his track record. Pelini might wet his pants.

Comment

Originally posted by krisw View Post
                            Pelini is a hot head. Saban gets away with that stuff because of his track record. Pelini might wet his pants.
                            You evidently have not seen many head coaches away from the camera. They can all be asses. Bo is a little over the top at times. But, at least he is not the smiling clapper type like Jason Garrett.
                            Last edited by Bayouboy; 01-21-2020, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                              Would that tell us that he should have just promoted Naiver to DC?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                              No, all that tells me is what this team is capable of. If they can't match that intensity of the Utah game with a new DC whose fault is that? I would place the blame on TH. Produce or adios. This team is a Big 12 championship calibur team so Herman needs to step up.

Comment

Working...
                              X