Oilfield guys... y’all hangin in there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oilfield guys... y’all hangin in there?

Everything seems slow (doom and gloom) from my view right now.

This announcement about GE/Baker accounting fraud has me a little concerned. Speculating that it could be the next Enron/Worldcom situation.

How’s everyone else holding up that deals with the O&G industry?

Not much changed here. Rig is going off contract with BP for about 6 months, but we go off contract every year for the last quarter. This year we have our 5 year ABS inspection, so we will be in dry dock in Brownsville come January. Have other clients already lined up and waiting for the other 3 months.

Comment

I keep reading about another bust. But, I hope not.

Comment

Still working so doing okay I guess. It's slow but steady enough.

That GE/BH announcement is quite interesting. Will wait to se how it plays out entirely.

Comment

Everything is about normal on the production side. Make more gas/oil with less.

Comment

Several customers slow, some doing ok. Been hammered with work from one customer the last few weeks, been working 7 days/week trying to get it while its hot.... Not looking good overall.

Comment

My focus is international and that's keeping me busy. But I've spent two years getting a new suite of tools ready to go to work in Argentina....annnnnnnd all hell is about to break loose there. SMH

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
                Still working so doing okay I guess. It's slow but steady enough.

That GE/BH announcement is quite interesting. Will wait to se how it plays out entirely.
                What did they announce?

Comment

Steady here in south texas for me praying it stays that way

Comment

Originally posted by roughneck266 View Post
                    Not much changed here. Rig is going off contract with BP for about 6 months, but we go off contract every year for the last quarter. This year we have our 5 year ABS inspection, so we will be in dry dock in Brownsville come January. Have other clients already lined up and waiting for the other 3 months.
                    Q5000?

Job is good. Im not happy about being out here 2 weeks and not one day of blue water to fish in. I contract to BP. They stay pretty busy.

Comment

Still busy for us on directional drilling side. If your prices are right you’re busy but it’s not 2014 money
                      Last edited by bphillips; 08-19-2019, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                        Still busy for us on directional drilling side. If you’re prices are right you’re busy but it’s not 2014 money
                        Yes, it is tight. Eagleford is real slow and probably some layoffs on the frac side coming.

Comment

We've been sending quite a bit of equipment to South Texas lately.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                            What did they announce?
                            GE didn’t announce it - a tax accounting group did.

Something around 36-38 billion dollars in accounting fraud is being speculated.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                              Still busy for us on directional drilling side. If your prices are right you’re busy but it’s not 2014 money
                              No lie, our job tickets are a joke.

Comment

Working...
                              X