Atascosa 2019!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atascosa 2019!!!

Good luck to everyone here. Hope you get drawn for something?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I hunted down there last year for the first time. Was a very different experience from normal blind hunting.

It was pretty wet and rained some(1st hunt)...but I enjoyed the hunt. Came close to a big bull and ended up shooting an old 5 point whitetail. Will put in again this year. Good luck to folks that get drawn.

Comment

Hunted the last rifle deer hunt last year, amazing piece of land. I like that they pushed the exotic only hunt back to April this year.

Comment

Originally posted by TexAg07 View Post
        Hunted the last rifle deer hunt last year, amazing piece of land. I like that they pushed the exotic only hunt back to April this year.
        I agree. A couple of years ago I drew exotic only hunt during deer season. I had so many shot opportunities at whitetails and all I could do was watch the deer run around.

Comment

Good luck in the draw guys. Blood on the ground

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Drew last year and saw a whole bunch nothing for the three days I went. Hopefully this year will be different. Good luck to everyone

Comment

Originally posted by MasterOfNothing View Post
              Drew last year and saw a whole bunch nothing for the three days I went. Hopefully this year will be different. Good luck to everyone
              Last year was the first for me where I didn't even get to draw my bow back. I'll probably apply, but I've been picked three years in a row. Zero points going in.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Comment

A thread already?!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RGV Hunter View Post
                  Good luck to everyone here. Hope you get drawn for something?

Your that guy who lives just down the street? I'LL put you on the prayer list. Like to see you get the big one and at least help me haul one out. Good Luck!

Comment

Same to you. Yes, I live about 5 minutes from the Atascosa.

Comment

Would be a nine hour drive for me to go, but still hoping I get drawn.

Comment

I feel your pain. Everything else for me is at least 5 hours or longer.

Comment

I was drawn last year for the last rifle hunt. I killed a cow and saw another the next day. I didn't get to see any bulls running around. I hope I get drawn and see a bull this year.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Comment

Does anyone know if the refuge did helicopter culling of nilgai this past year?

I read there was a proposal that they were going to graze insecticide treated cattle on the refuge to try to reduce the infestation of cattle fever tick. Did this happen?

Comment

I read and commented for the support of the study with cattle. Have not heard of any reports of helicopter extermination either.

I'd love to stick an arrow in a nilgai using cow decoys [emoji16][emoji16][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X