As Live as Possible Gila Elk Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As Live as Possible Gila Elk Hunt

So I had kept planning to run this post for a couple of days I spent a ton of time, effort and money getting ready for this but one item off the list and I'd add five because of a problem. Worse then going to the lease.

Short version is that after three years I'm returning to the Gila Mountains to go after elk. After my last trip where I was 220+lbs and my deer hunting equipment stunk I decided to put in a little more work this time to be ready. Plus with a banner white tail year shooting two deer in the 90's (who dat was close enough) i've decided that while i still have the ability I'm going to spend more time west in big country hunting elk, mule deer, goats, sheep and so on.

Clothes were upgraded to Kuiu . . . . . however like an idiot I did that first and while i bought it tight expecting to lose weight I ended up losing way more then I thought I could in three months. 35 pounds lighter at 195 I'm actually running up to six miles a day, hiking up to 9 and lifting a few times a week. That said the hardest weekly workout is fricken Yoga . . . . . sounded weak? Go try it and report back . . . .i'm never closer to puking then on Wednesday Yoga day.

Upgraded the optics. I had 8x42 Swaro's but I wanted better detail so I bought the 10x44 leica with range finders and the new vortex spotting scope. My wife got me a slik carbon fiber tripod that weighs next to nothing and I'm ready to roll.

some pictures of the mess at my house these last few months. My wife smiled real big this morning because right when i woke up I started clearing areas and packing the last bits.

I'll post as I can but I'll also be texting to some guys that can update if anything worthwhile happens. Not sure how much posting I'll do it may be a once or twice a day deal.
    Attached Files

Departure is scheduled at 6 a.m. tomorrow so hopefully i leave before 11

Comment

Best of luck
      Safe travels

Comment

Good luck brotha. Was the cop checking on you, or was that pic to be funny? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

About to get real good up in here..........Tuned in.

Rwc

Comment

Have fun.

Comment

After the mask pic I was wondering how long it would be before the LEO pic and it wasn't long.

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Excellent bud hope to see a big one down this time

Comment

Good luck Sean! Knock a big 'un down!

Comment

Good luck and post plenty of updates and pics

Comment

You are going to enjoy this hunt. I had an absolute blast on it last year. Camping is primitive so be prepared. Tell Ramon and Keith hello for me.

Comment

Originally posted by MySRT8U View Post
                          Good luck brotha. Was the cop checking on you, or was that pic to be funny? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          no i got stopped four times total in three months

Comment

Good luck. In for ldp.

Seeing some very good bulls coming out of the Gila, couple of monsters.

Comment

Best of luck and safe travels

Comment

Working...
                              X