5 Pin SIght Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 Pin SIght Question

When setting the pins on a 5 pin sight should I set the middle one first in the middle of the sight so that I can space the others or does it make a difference?

i started with my first pin then adjusted the others it took no time at all to sight them all in basically i had a 3 pen sight before i bought a 5 pen sight all i did was sight in my 20 yard pin the space the others about the same distance as my old 3 pin and it worked like a charm

Comment

i start at the top (20yd) and work my way down

Comment

Thanks, I have always shot a 3 pin and did the same start at the top but changing to a 5 I wondered about the pin placement.

Comment

I set the pin at 25yds, if your bow shoots flat enough that will still put the arrow in the bullseye at 10yds, then work my way down.

Comment

If you're **** like I am, you will want the pins centered.
            I set the middle pin dead center or slightly above, and sight that pin in at 40 yds using the gang adjust.
            At this point, I set individual pins for 20,30,(40),50,60.
            The reason I mentioned setting the middle pin slightly higher than dead center, is that your pin gap will increase by about 30% every ten yds, and your 50 and 60 yd pins will spread out, causing them to be lower in the housing.

Comment

I shoot a 7 pin and my pins are all basically the same spacing throughout. Once you get the gap between your first two pins you can almost set the others and only need minor adjustment.

Comment

Originally posted by chiledip View Post
                I shoot a 7 pin and my pins are all basically the same spacing throughout. Once you get the gap between your first two pins you can almost set the others and only need minor adjustment.
                The gap between your 70 and 80 yard pins is the same as your gap between your 20 and 30 yard pins?

Comment

Lower your cage down as far as you can and still have fletch clearing then sight in your 20 yard pin and work your way back to 100 assuming your sighting in every 10 yards

Comment

Originally posted by *DW* View Post
                    When setting the pins on a 5 pin sight should I set the middle one first in the middle of the sight so that I can space the others or does it make a difference?
                    I think it’s a matter of preference. I set my middle level in the cage & never move it. Move the cage till my middle pin is sighted in then adjust the rest.

Comment

I set my pins 30, 40, 50, 60, and 70. 10 yards is about spot on and I need to hold a bit low at 20. Out here in Colorado this works pretty well.

Comment

great information here by Rocky. I'd start off with 20 and work your way up. Only reason being is that I hate losing arrows. At 20 yards, I can visually see if my arrow is gonna make it to the target or if I'm off, and you can always have a spotter who can guide you to raise or lower the bow. From there, 20-30/40 are close enough. I set my first pin on 20/30 - at 20 yards, I aim from top of the 1st pin, and at 30 yards, I aim from the bottom of the 1st pin. the 2nd pin is for 40 yards, it isn't that far below. The 3rd, 4th, and 5th pins are roughly double the distance bet 1st and 2nd pins.
                        Hope this makes sense. Once you go through this exercise, then you can always reset the pins for properly spreading them out, and it doesn't take much time. Can do it within an hour.

Comment

Working...
                        X