2006 Kawasaki mule fuel problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2006 Kawasaki mule fuel problems

I am having fuel problems with my mule it has the v twin engine not sure if it the pump or relay. Any help would be great

Does the pump run at all?

Comment

It's starts but dies and then it's hard to start. But usually will start with choke pulled out

Comment

The Mule doesn't have a PUMP per say. Runs off engine. Engine stops fuel stops. Safety thing. I had the same thing. After researching why I was having this no fuel issue, I Replaced a Module and a Relay and it ran for 2 minutes and stopped. Frustrated and out of $$$ I slaved in and electric fuel pump. Been running like a champ for 5 years. Mounted it under the passenger side under the seat.

Comment

Mine did that and I cleaned out the fuel tank,changed the fuel filter out on the pump, disassembled the throttle body and soaked in CRC throttle body cleaner. When I had the pump out I hooked 12 volts to it and it pumped fine, so you may test it that way. Never had an issue after that.

I can also say that I probably spent 50.00 on Seafoam, Marvel Oil, injector cleaner and none of it worked.

Comment

Wow u kind of lost me. I talked to the service dept at the dealership he priced a fuel pump and relay but I am not sure it's bad why would it work sometimes and not others

Comment

Originally posted by barnett77859 View Post
              Wow u kind of lost me. I talked to the service dept at the dealership he priced a fuel pump and relay but I am not sure it's bad why would it work sometimes and not others
              I had an 07, and it did the same thing. It didnt want to pump when it got hot. Once it cooled off, it would start up. Stranded me once, and it cranked right up when I came back after a couple hours.

I chose the cheaper alternative off amazon, and it worked fine up until the point I sold it.

Comment

Originally posted by coker737 View Post
                The Mule doesn't have a PUMP per say. Runs off engine. Engine stops fuel stops. Safety thing. I had the same thing. After researching why I was having this no fuel issue, I Replaced a Module and a Relay and it ran for 2 minutes and stopped. Frustrated and out of $$$ I slaved in and electric fuel pump. Been running like a champ for 5 years. Mounted it under the passenger side under the seat.
                yes it does.

Comment

Originally posted by Palmetto View Post
                  Understand but what i was saying is the power to the pump runs off engine cycling. (Relays 27034 and another module) Sorry for the confusion.

Comment

I’ve had to replace the fuel pumps on both my mules. Be sure to replace it with a kawasaki pump. I went the cheap route on one and had problems.

Comment

Fuel pump. I order 2 at a time from Amazon. They last a yr or two.

Comment

There is a vent tube on engine , make sure it is open / no dirt dobbers . The fuel pump works off engine vacuum an will not pump if vent is plugged .

Comment

Can anyone tell me where the fuel relay is located and what it looks like

Comment

Originally posted by barnett77859 View Post
                            Can anyone tell me where the fuel relay is located and what it looks like
                            If memory serves, its under the drivers side seat. 27034
                            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks a lot looking now

Comment

Working...
                              X