Quarantine Brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quarantine Brisket

Made a brisket. “Dalmatian rub”. 225° for 12 hr. Passed the fold test. It was good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks outstanding. What did you cook it on? what method?

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
      Looks outstanding. What did you cook it on? what method?
      Day before: rinsed, dried, trimmed, and rubbed to sit in fridge overnight.

Day of: Let sit at room temp 1 hr before smoking. Threw it on the pit and left it unopened for 6hr. Then spritzed every hour with AJ/ACV. Wrapped around 170 and set it for another couple hours. Pulled it when the point probed tender and rested for an hour or so on the counter (tented).

Believe it or not... PELLET SMOKER on my tiny apt balcony

Only complaint was a sub par piece of meat. Typically when putting 12+ hours into a brisket, I won't skimp on quality. But beggars cant be choosers these days.
      Last edited by BlackHogDown; 04-02-2020, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Looks great.

Comment

Looks great! Love the Dalmatian rub.

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
            Looks great! Love the Dalmatian rub.
            I was doing some reading and stumbled upon the "dirty dalmatian" rub. May have to add some lemon pepper next time out of curiosity.

Dirty Dalmatian Rub is just a slight twist on the Dalmatian Rub of equal parts  salt and pepper.  To the  salt and pepper also add an equal amount lemon pepper (salt free if you can find it). The ingredients and quantities are certainly subjective and up to each user’s preference but this is the base […]

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
              Day before: rinsed, dried, trimmed, and rubbed to sit in fridge overnight.

Day of: Let sit at room temp 1 hr before smoking. Threw it on the pit and left it unopened for 6hr. Then spritzed every hour with AJ/ACV. Wrapped around 170 and set it for another couple hours. Pulled it when the point probed tender and rested for an hour or so on the counter (tented).

Believe it or not... PELLET SMOKER on my tiny apt balcony

Only complaint was a sub par piece of meat. Typically when putting 12+ hours into a brisket, I won't skimp on quality. But beggars cant be choosers these days.

Did you use one of the extra smoking tubes or pan of water on the grill?

Comment

Good looking pellet smoker brisket!

Comment

Looks delicious

Comment

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
                    Did you use one of the extra smoking tubes or pan of water on the grill?
                    yes to the tube. No water pan. Spritzed with mix of apple juice and ACV every hour or so after the first 6 hrs.

Comment

That bark is awesome looking. Making me hungry.

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
                        That bark is awesome looking. Making me hungry.
                        Less is more. IMO. Sent my buddy a "before" pic and he said there wasn't enough rub. I beg to differ. I am FAR from pro but refuse to open the pit the first 4-6 hours. I think it has something to do with it as well.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
                          Less is more. IMO. Sent my buddy a "before" pic and he said there wasn't enough rub. I beg to differ. I am FAR from pro but refuse to open the pit the first 4-6 hours. I think it has something to do with it as well.
                          absolutely no need to look at it and lose the heat. It's not going anywhere. Let the smoker do its job.

Comment

Originally posted by salth2o View Post
                            absolutely no need to look at it and lose the heat. It's not going anywhere. Let the smoker do its job.
                            "If you lookin..."

Comment

Working...
                            X