3wt monster fish April fools trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3wt monster fish April fools trip

I took my new Moonshine Rod Company Revival 3wt to the creek near my house. I specifically got this rod to fish this creek. The bass are strong and the Rio Grande perch and sunfish are huge. Enjoy

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Looks like a fun and relaxing way to kill an hour or two. I need to get out during this quarantine and wet a hook!

Comment

Great video, thanks for sharing. Always good to see people catching fish on the fly rod.

Comment

Very nice! Wish I had a spot close.

Comment

So what creek is that? Looks like a nice little creek. Reminds me of Cibolo Creek, I like fishing that creek, caught a lot of bass, and some pretty good catfish considering the size of the creek.

The only places I have used a flyrod were along the Guadalupe River, in a couple of spots. I had a lot of trouble finding a place where I could cast and not hang up the fly when casting. I used to hang up flies on grass, weeds, tree limbs, just about anything. If I could get the fly out on the water, I usually did pretty good catching Guadalupe Bass, Large Mouth and perch. I usually tried to cast at bass, I would look for them and cast out towards them. I always used a black dry fly, worked good enough I never spent much time with other stuff. I tried other stuff, but don't think I ever caught much. I would hit the river late afternoon, after the tourist had gotten off for the day and there were a lot of bugs flying and landing on the water.

The only other place I have been successful with a fly rod, was Landa Park. That place turned out to be harder to cast there, than the spot I used to fish most of the time on the river. Where I would fish in Landa Park, probably 50% or more of my casts, I got hung up in Cypress trees. About 30% of the casts, that made it to the water, I caught fish on. If you are ever in Landa Park and find flies in the cypress trees, those were probably mine, just decorating the trees for Christmas.

If Cibolo Creek where we have fished was not so over grown and the creek not so narrow, it would probably be a lot of fun with a fly rod. That or if you were actually really good with a fly rod, I am sure there are guys that are a lot better than me with a fly rod and can actually fish much more cramped or tighter areas, unlike myself. I have to have a lot of open ground, all around me to cast a fly rod.
          Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 04-02-2020, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
            So what creek is that? Looks like a nice little creek. Reminds me of Cibolo Creek, I like fishing that creek, caught a lot of bass, and some pretty good catfish considering the size of the creek.

The only places I have used a flyrod were along the Guadalupe River, in a couple of spots. I had a lot of trouble finding a place where I could cast and not hang up the fly when casting. I used to hang up flies on grass, weeds, tree limbs, just about anything. If I could get the fly out on the water, I usually did pretty good catching Guadalupe Bass, Large Mouth and perch. I usually tried to cast at bass, I would look for them and cast out towards them. I always used a black dry fly, worked good enough I never spent much time with other stuff. I tried other stuff, but don't think I ever caught much. I would hit the river late afternoon, after the tourist had gotten off for the day and there were a lot of bugs flying and landing on the water.

The only other place I have been successful with a fly rod, was Landa Park. That place turned out to be harder to cast there, than the spot I used to fish most of the time on the river. Where I would fish in Landa Park, probably 50% or more of my casts, I got hung up in Cypress trees. About 30% of the casts, that made it to the water, I caught fish on. If you are ever in Landa Park and find flies in the cypress trees, those were probably mine, just decorating the trees for Christmas.

If Cibolo Creek where we have fished was not so over grown and the creek not so narrow, it would probably be a lot of fun with a fly rod. That or if you were actually really good with a fly rod, I am sure there are guys that are a lot better than me with a fly rod and can actually fish much more cramped or tighter areas, unlike myself. I have to have a lot of open ground, all around me to cast a fly rod.
            It's a 7' 3wt rod so it's easier to perform different casting techniques like a roll cast. I've been fly fishing for a while

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X