Harris county releasing 1200 criminals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chew View Post
    Sylvester Turner has nothing to do with the county jails. It's all the other idiots that got voted in with straight party voting. Elections have consequences.
    Correct, it’s the county judge and the sheriff that make administrative call to turn lose , people who cannot make bail on nonviolent crime
    Correct me if I am wrong

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats right Tator. Their releasing them so they dont catch corona in a jail where it doesnt currently exist, that Ive heard, and where they have no access to the outside world to catch this virus fron the inside. All in the name of social distancing. Makes sense... To that dumb*** judge at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
        Can you please clarify?

These folks are in jail, meaning they are awaiting trail but couldnt make bail? Essentially still innocent.
        He is the mayor of the city of Houston, Harris county jails are run by the county.

Comment

Can you please clarify?

These folks are in jail, meaning they are awaiting trail but couldnt make bail? Essentially still innocent.
          Sylvester Turner is a mayor of the city of Houston. He has absolutely nothing to do with the County criminal justice system. not saying he's not a libtard idiot, just saying he has no control over release of inmates.

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
            Thats right Tator. Their releasing them so they dont catch corona in a jail where it doesnt currently exist, that Ive heard, and where they have no access to the outside world to catch this virus fron the inside. All in the name of social distancing. Makes sense... To that dumb*** judge at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
            You still have new inmates coming in everyday. They are screening them when they arrive but that's no guarantee they don't have it. Jailers and admin staff can bring it in as well.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Hidalgo's order will only release defendants in non-violent cases unless they've already been convicted.

Hidalgo stressed no one accused of violent crimes -- or who has a history of violence -- will be released.

What I am getting at, is what kind of non violent crimes these "defendants" committed to be locked up, with a bail amount they cant make.....I am guessing it isnt parking tickets....

Comment

Hidalgo's order will only release defendants in non-violent cases unless they've already been convicted.

Hidalgo stressed no one accused of violent crimes -- or who has a history of violence -- will be released.

What I am getting at, is what kind of non violent crimes these "defendants" committed to be locked up, with a bail amount they cant make.....I am guessing it isnt parking tickets....
                Lot of shop lifters, homeless, petty crime, trespassing, some people in jail just plain can’t afford bail or legal defense

Comment

And they can't go back to la

Comment

From what I was reading they are releasing violent offenders, they lowered the bail amount on some to really affordable amounts

Comment

As has been said, elections have consequences... Hope the people in Harris county remember this. Probably no chance for the city of Houston... think it's too far gone to the gimme free stuff demoKrauts to come out of this decline... When major corporations start to relocate, and their tax base begins to go away, they will wind up just like Detroit, Chicago and other formerly great industrial cities...

Comment

I'm reading the orders may have been halted. Hopefully, that is the case.

I do agree with the above comments that elections have consequences. With that said, if Ed Emmett would have let the Astrodome go, he very well may still be the County Judge. He overturned a ballet referendum on the dome with no plan outside of keeping the Harris county tax payers on the hook. Now we are stuck with the current 27 year old jack wagon. This wasn't a straight ticket voting issue either. Governor Abbott won in Harris County.

Comment

Yes, a district Court judge issued an order to stop the releasing.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post
                            I'm reading the orders may have been halted. Hopefully, that is the case.

I do agree with the above comments that elections have consequences. With that said, if Ed Emmett would have let the Astrodome go, he very well may still be the County Judge. He overturned a ballet referendum on the dome with no plan outside of keeping the Harris county tax payers on the hook. Now we are stuck with the current 27 year old jack wagon. This wasn't a straight ticket voting issue either. Governor Abbott won in Harris County.
                            Straight ticket voting got Emmett thanks to Beto!

Comment

Michael Berry was talking about this yesterday. Said some are getting out on $10 to skirt the law.

The tag along Beto votes are starting to make a difference.

Comment

It's become a cliche', but "Elections do have consequences." This is the perfect illustration for that oft used expression.

Comment

Working...
                                X