No announcement yet.

Shutdown versus COVID deaths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100% agree. We're killing a mosquito with a nuclear bomb. The effects of the economic shutdown and that result on American lives with be far greater than virus deaths.

Comment

Originally posted by Spearchunker View Post
      IMO if our healthcare system was up to par, this would not be an issue.

I think its more about crappy healthcare system and the bureaucracy of it all.

They need to start to commandeer hotels now and prep them as hospitals.
      What does " up to par " consist of?

Comment

Interesting [emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
          Those hotels belong to someone. The government confiscation of private property is a terrible idea and a very slippery slope.
          Yep!

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
            It is terrible but they do it all the time.

noun: eminent domain

the right of a government or its agent to expropriate private property for public use, with payment of compensation.
            Correct. But with the declaration and signage of the defense act signed by the president it could happen at anytime. We are prepared to be told we can only supply first responders if Houston pulls the trigger on a real lockdown. It will definitely be interesting to document.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
              Yep...first their hotel and next will be your house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Well with compensation, and offer volunteer properties first. If I owned a hotel, **** right I would take compensation to take it over.

Comment

Well with compensation, and offer volunteer properties first. If I owned a hotel, **** right I would take compensation to take it over.

You probably won’t like the compensation offered.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
                  100% agree. We're killing a mosquito with a nuclear bomb. The effects of the economic shutdown and that result on American lives with be far greater than virus deaths.
                  This, and the reason that it's happening is the ignorance of the people in charge. They have no earthly idea how business works and no comprehension of economics.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                    Correct. But with the declaration and signage of the defense act signed by the president it could happen at anytime. We are prepared to be told we can only supply first responders if Houston pulls the trigger on a real lockdown. It will definitely be interesting to document.

I'll guarantee you that Hidalgo and Turner are working on it right now. They don't want to be one-upped by Dallas.

Comment

When do we find out what District we're going to be assigned to???

Comment

I'm curious how many lives will not be lost due to fewer traffic accidents. I think Texas alone is usually around 3500 deaths per year, that's got to have taken quite a hit with nobody going anywhere. There's gonna be all sorts of weird related statistics to study after this is all over.

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
                          You probably won’t like the compensation offered.

I don't know about that. I made my first million with FEMA contacts. Wrapped roofs with blue tarps allover Florida in 01'

Comment

Douglas G. Frank according to his social media, is a "scientist, inventor, entrepreneur, libertarian, teacher, musician, daddy, husband,  and servant of Christ." He is also President of Precision Analytical Instruments, Inc., which "specializes in the design, manufacture, and development of custom analytical and control instrumentation." Frank, a brilliant mathematician, has developed mathematical models of the

Finally some visual models/predictions from a mathematician. His name is Douglas G Frank and has some interesting discussion on FB. He is a teacher and president of an analytical company.

He has a world, US, and TX models (many more) but I don't know how to post images. Someone feel free to post those images and we can see how close he gets

Comment

I don't know about that. I made my first million with FEMA contacts. Wrapped roofs with blue tarps allover Florida in 01'

I’ve been watching them confiscate property with eminent domain for a long time. Usually just leaves landowners pizzed.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                                I'll guarantee you that Hidalgo and Turner are working on it right now. They don't want to be one-upped by Dallas.
                                Yep! Goofy azz hidalgo saying this morning they are going to go over all the statistics today & go from there. I fully expect to hear lockdown for Houston/ Harris county this evening.

Comment

Working...
                                X