No announcement yet.

Another COVID-19 THREAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would guess my wife had this covid about Month ago. Grandson and her both tested negative for flu. So we think that’s what it was. Daughters work in hospitals and say folks been coming in for 2 months with symptoms but wasn’t flu . So who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
      Small feverish feeling like you are about to come down with something. Fever right around 100. Then felt pressure in chest. My cough wasn't constant or all day just random. Cough went away in 2 days...maybe coughed 20-30 times total. Same feeling this whole time otherwise. Hasn't knocked me down or anything. Usually wouldn't even miss work for it.
      How old are you wes, just curious.

Pretty much what my wife had but cough was more severe & lasted 4-5 days, fever only 2-3. Her chest was sore from the coughing a couple days after feeling better. She had it the worst.

My daughter had a cough for 3 days and fever for one & recovered really fast. 19yrs.

I felt like I had a horrible cold combined with my seasonal allergies was ugly...had the cough but never did get a fever. Last about a week. All of us were extremely fatigued & simply exhausted from the time you woke up. I'm 50 & wife is a little older (I didn't post that)

How is it today??

Comment

We had a guy come by the office yesterday to pick up some material. He said he had just gotten over Pneumonia. His doctors told him that this virus has been here for months, we are just now able to test and properly diagnose people with the virus. We're pretty sure a lady at the office had it about a month ago. She gave it to an older guy we have here and put him in ICU for a week. They both tested negative for the Flu, but had all symptoms associated with this virus. The guy it put in the hospital has underlying respiratory issues, so it would not be surprising at all if that is what it was.

Comment

As of this morning, approximately 8000 people have died from this virus since December. About 800,000 people a day die world wide of all causes. Perspective is important.

Comment

Safety manager at a job site was gone monday and tuesday! I called him and he said he was sick with fever. Went to doctor monday and they told him they were not going to waste a test on him and to come back tueday. We had a safety meeting thursday with him!

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
              Safety manager at a job site was gone monday and tuesday! I called him and he said he was sick with fever. Went to doctor monday and they told him they were not going to waste a test on him and to come back tueday. We had a safety meeting thursday with him!
              They are currently saving the tests for healthcare providers and first responders. That may change when availability of tests improves.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                As of this morning, approximately 8000 people have died from this virus since December. About 800,000 people a day die world wide of all causes. Perspective is important.
                150,000 people
                Of the roughly 150,000 people who die each day across the globe, about two thirds—100,000 per day—die of age-related causes. In industrialized nations, the proportion is much higher, reaching 90%.

Live world statistics on population, government and economics, society and media, environment, food, water, energy and health.

Yes sir Perspective!

Comment

Originally posted by bownut View Post
                  I think people had it but it was just another strain of the flu. Now they figured it out. It’s been here a while.
                  This is my theory too! Now that there is gonna be a lot of testing there is gonna be more people have it cuz its been here for a while. Not saying I had it but back December I had something. Felt like someone was standing on my chest, dry cough, up to 102 fever, real achy feeling. If I did have it what they r saying about it being so contagious wasn't the case though no one else around me got it.

Comment

150,000 people
                    Of the roughly 150,000 people who die each day across the globe, about two thirds—100,000 per day—die of age-related causes. In industrialized nations, the proportion is much higher, reaching 90%.

Live world statistics on population, government and economics, society and media, environment, food, water, energy and health.

Yes sir Perspective!
                    It depends on your source, but yes, that's probably correct. Over 6,000 die per hour.

Comment

150,000 people

Yes sir Perspective!
                      Well the average age of death from corona is 80+. That sounds pretty age related too.

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
                        Small feverish feeling like you are about to come down with something. Fever right around 100. Then felt pressure in chest. My cough wasn't constant or all day just random. Cough went away in 2 days...maybe coughed 20-30 times total. Same feeling this whole time otherwise. Hasn't knocked me down or anything. Usually wouldn't even miss work for it.

Until today when I called 911 it has been mild.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
                        Hope you are feeling better Wes!

Comment

My sister-in-law is a nurse practitioner outside of Atlanta, Ga. a coworker got sick last week and was tested, still waiting on results. The doctor they work for got sick over the weekend and was tested Monday, and my sister-in-law has been feeling badly for two days and was tested today. So I probably know someone who has it, but will know for sure in a couple of days.

Comment

Originally posted by JFISHER View Post

Chilling last line in this video: After pointing out that taking NSAIDs to reduce the fever from Covid 19 may cause complications of the disease ....

Then: "of course, one of the complications (of this disease) is death."

Comment

I know it sounds crazy but I believe my wife and salesman came back from the SHOT Show in Vegas with it the last week in January. The symptoms fit and the doctors could NOT figure out what was wrong with my wife. She had a cough that moved deeper and she was short of breath and it lasted for 4-5 weeks before she was fully over it. My wife is 41, works out 4 days a week and is in very good health and this thing was kicking her rear. The cough was the worst part since it wouldn't go away. Nothing the doctors gave her helped and they even had her go to an imaging center with some kind of high end machine to get a good scan of her chest. They still couldn't figure it out but no one was testing for the virus then, because it supposedly wasn't here yet.

If her and my salesmen Hans didn't both have it, they had something oddly similar. Both our kids and I came down with what felt like a very light version of what she had that lasted a couple weeks but wasn't anywhere near as bad. It wasn't as bad as a normal cold. If my wife was older or not in as good of health she'd have been in the hospital just for the cough.

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
                                I know it sounds crazy but I believe my wife and salesman came back from the SHOT Show in Vegas with it the last week in January. The symptoms fit and the doctors could NOT figure out what was wrong with my wife. She had a cough that moved deeper and she was short of breath and it lasted for 4-5 weeks before she was fully over it. My wife is 41, works out 4 days a week and is in very good health and this thing was kicking her rear. The cough was the worst part since it wouldn't go away. Nothing the doctors gave her helped and they even had her go to an imaging center with some kind of high end machine to get a good scan of her chest. They still couldn't figure it out but no one was testing for the virus then, because it supposedly wasn't here yet.

If her and my salesmen Hans didn't both have it, they had something oddly similar. Both our kids and I came down with what felt like a very light version of what she had that lasted a couple weeks but wasn't anywhere near as bad. It wasn't as bad as a normal cold. If my wife was older or not in as good of health she'd have been in the hospital just for the cough.

The Shot Show was around the Chinese New Year. There were a lot of Chinese people in Vegas during that time. I was there a few days after the SS for a different conference. The Covid was already in the news at that point. On the flight home, there were several people on our plane wearing masks. Boy, it made me feel uncomfortable.

Comment

Working...
                                X