Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partial Disassembly and Moving a Tuff Shed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Call a shed moved and get a price. They have a small machine that can move the building to a location to load it on their trailer. It’s what they do. 100 times easier than you think.

Comment

I'm betting its going to cost you upwards of $4-5k to do what you want to do and that doesn't include fixing all the interior that will shift during the move (sheetrock, etc....)

If it were me, I'd just buy a used FEMA camper in decent shape and tow it to your lease. I found one in good shape 3 years ago for $1500 and had to buy one tire to get it road worthy.

Comment

Put it on skid and drag it down the road then put it on the trailer when you got out from under the power lines
        Get a tractor with forks and haul it down then load it

Comment

Power lines are 9-12 feet above the ground. Building is 14 feet tall. The typical shed moving tricks won’t work here, it’s boxed in..

Comment

Originally posted by TransPecos View Post
            Power lines are 9-12 feet above the ground. Building is 14 feet tall. The typical shed moving tricks won’t work here, it’s boxed in..
            Hard lines that low shouldn't be a problem, they have some movement in them. I'd put it on skids and drag it to where it is able to be loaded.

Comment

Throw a couple pieces of PVC pipe with about 2-3 foot over hang on each end right around the peak and the lines won't be a problem. They'll slide right over. Iv moved a cabin about that size. Put it on a lowboy gooseneck and rolled with it lol. It was about 20 miles thru the country though

Comment

Can the power company come out and lift the lines for you? You don't want the bill for FUBARing those. If you have to tear down and rebuild, and are inclined to do so, I'd tear it down to the eves, cut it off flat and add a new top plate. Then ample bracing in all directions, then add a few more braces. New rafters and a tin roof when you get it in place. Free will still be at least $1k+ and lots of effort.

Comment

Originally posted by twistedmidnite View Post
                  Throw a couple pieces of PVC pipe with about 2-3 foot over hang on each end right around the peak and the lines won't be a problem. They'll slide right over. Iv moved a cabin about that size. Put it on a lowboy gooseneck and rolled with it lol. It was about 20 miles thru the country though

I like the way you think

Comment

Loving all the ideas. Are ya’ll available this weekend?

Comment

Working...
                    X