Nilgai Road kill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nilgai Road kill

Got lucky again. Drove up on this nilgai. Poor guy was still alive. Had to call the game warden to put it down. Salvaged about 180 pounds of meat.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Man I'd hate to hit one of those with a vehicle

Comment

Nice freezer stuffer, for sure!

Comment

Dang! Talk about luck!

But yea, I’d hate to waste a vehicle hitting one!

Comment

Where at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I had one slip & fall right in front of my just north of the Fal check point & had to hit grass some. I think the poor guy behind me in the fast lane may have clipped it with the tires locked up??

Be warned if you see one up ahead that the dang asphalt is like glass to those guys!! Had no idea but makes sense.

Comment

It must have been hit with a big truck because there was not any vehicle damage/debris on the highway. It had mostly broken ribs. Everything else was pretty clean. It was on FM 510.

Comment

Saw a guy in dodge truck in front of me hit a young bull. It was amazing the damage it caused

Comment

Poor fella. At least it wasn’t a total waste. Hope the person that hit him is okay. Good job on you for calling and taking care of the meat.

Comment

Originally posted by ostey22 View Post
                    Poor fella. At least it wasn’t a total waste. Hope the person that hit him is okay. Good job on you for calling and taking care of the meat.
                    +1

Comment

Very cool find right there! Free groceries

Comment

I bought a 6.5 Cubic ft. upright freezer at Sams and it filled up the whole thing. That does not include what the other guy took. And we still had quite a bit of wasted meat from the impact area.

Last edited by RGV Hunter; 01-19-2020, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Tough animals too be sure, saw several Norias trucks wiped out from one running in front of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Cool deal. I've driven down 510 several times and see nilgai every now and then. Awesome to see them, but obviously can be very dangerous for motorists.

Comment

My wife just asked me yesterday if they ever cross roads, never have seen a road kill Nilgai, I told her I wasn't sure, now we know.

Comment

Working...
                              X