Best meat grinder for the money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best meat grinder for the money

For someone just wanting to grind their own venison what is the best grinder for the money?

I've used the LEM 3/4 HP for 8 to 10 yrs now. Grind approx. 70 to 80 LBS a year. No problems.

Comment

Originally posted by lostbrd View Post
      I've used the LEM 3/4 HP for 8 to 10 yrs now. Grind approx. 70 to 80 LBS a year. No problems.
      I've had an LEM 1 HP for about 15 years. Not the cheapest on the market, but I will buy another if/when this one gives up. I have heard a lot of good things about the Cabela's grinders as well, but I have no experience with them. Stay away from the cheap plastic ones, and anything under 3/4 HP if you're going to be using it a lot.

Comment

I have the Cabelas 1HP and I am sure this thing will outlast me. It has a auger attachment that will stuff sausage faster than you can feed it. You can get a foot pedal off Amazon, and then you are all set.

Comment

I've got a smaller LEM. It's the one that runs right at $100. I'm on my 4th year with it. Money well spent, but it is undersized for my needs. Hope to upgrade next year. Buy once, cry once. That's what I should have done.

Comment

Originally posted by lostbrd View Post
            Same here.

Comment

I do all my own deer (usually 3-5 a year) with a Cabela's 1/2 hp commercial unit. I usually take a shoulder or ham and completely cut it down to what I want to grind up and cube it up. Even doing a whole ham already sliced or cubed up it works about as fast as I can put it in the neck. Is a 3/4 or 1 hp better? Sure. But if your working by yourself and not 3-4 guys doing multiple deer at a time I'd be willing to bet the 1/2 HP from either Cabela's or LEM will be all you need and then some. Commercial grade either way, as the cheap $100 units have plastic gears and don't last under repeated use all that well.

Comment

We’ve been using the Cabela’s 3/4 HP for over 10 yrs with no problems. Probably grind 5 to 6 deer a year.

Comment

If I was in the market, I would jump on this!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                    If I was in the market, I would jump on this!

https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...d.php?t=751849
                    That is the same one I have. Good unit. $50 is a heck of a deal

Comment

I have a #8 1/3 hp. 3 hogs and 8 deer trimmings just this year. I strongly suggest the bigger grinders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Blonde on corner of 6th street and main

Comment

I have a 2 hp Weston #32. It’ll grind as fast as you can feed it. You can even drop a whole pork loin in it and it just spits it out.

With grinders, bigger is better.

Comment

Cabela’s carnivore! Great grinders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Another vote for the LEM stainless ones, I have the LEM .35 HP and should have bought one way sooner. Went through several of the clones of the smaller counter top style grinders, they never seem to last more that a few season.

Comment

Working...
                              X