Marinated Dove heart and Rebecca Creek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marinated Dove heart and Rebecca Creek

This was AMAZING. Tasted like little pieces of filet mignon.

Never throwing these away again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never had dove but teal hearts are amazing!

Comment

Love me some dove heart!! Like the way you roll Bud!! Well Done!

Comment

Looks great!
        We save the hearts and gizzards too. I’ll have to try that next time. We’ve always fried them, but I’m burned out on that already.

Comment

Awesome!! Dad use to mix those into my Mac and cheese when I was kid, loved them back then. Been 35 years since I last tasted them.

Comment

I make a little simmering bowl with foil when I just have the hearts & let them percolate on the grill...trying to learn the gravy recipe my mom has & playing with the pressure cooker for gizzards to keep them from being chewy. White wing gizzards are a pita to clean but worth the ending.

Comment

One of my favorite September rituals has been to “sautĂ©e” them in butter, then pour in eggs and scramble.

I bet they are great skewered like that

Comment

Do you clean/prep the hearts in any way, other than just washing, before cooking?

Comment

Originally posted by Goldensammy View Post
                  Do you clean/prep the hearts in any way, other than just washing, before cooking?
                  That’s all I do. Rinse with cool water. Pat dry. Salt & pepper to taste and cook

Comment

Recipe:

I cut the top of the heart off- atriums or approx 2mm. Rinse off well. Marinate for 4hrs minimum (used Italian dressing) then skewer. Cook 1min 20s per side on high. Crack fresh pepper and salt over the finished hearts and enjoy.

Comment

Fried dove hearts#popcorn

Comment

I saved the hearts from ours yesterday, just have to figure out how I want to cook them.

Comment

Don't forget the gizzards

Comment

I always feed those to my dog! He use to love them! I sure miss that dog

Comment

I'll have to take a look at the gizzards next time.

Not a big fan of liver, but as small as dove livers are, they may not be too bad on the skewer. Anybody tried it?

Comment

Working...
                              X