Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas Game Warden Notes

I didn't see this posted yet.

Particularly about the 177" buck poached in Grayson County. This makes me sick.

Bagged and Tagged

Grayson County game wardens were tipped off about a white-tailed deer that was shot with a firearm in an archery-only county in November 2016. The wardens confronted the individual at his home and questioned him about the big buck. The subject eventually admitted he killed the deer with a pistol, after several shots, and then tagged the deer as being harvested in Fannin County. The deer was seized and several citations were issued. The cases are pending. The deer scored over 177 inches under the Boone & Crockett scoring system, netting a civil restitution value of over $10,000.

That makes me angry!

Comment

That was an expensive deer.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
        That was an expensive deer.
        Not expensive enough, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by grizzman View Post
          I didn't see this posted yet.

Particularly about the 177" buck poached in Grayson County. This makes me sick.

Bagged and Tagged

Grayson County game wardens were tipped off about a white-tailed deer that was shot with a firearm in an archery-only county in November 2016. The wardens confronted the individual at his home and questioned him about the big buck. The subject eventually admitted he killed the deer with a pistol, after several shots, and then tagged the deer as being harvested in Fannin County. The deer was seized and several citations were issued. The cases are pending. The deer scored over 177 inches under the Boone & Crockett scoring system, netting a civil restitution value of over $10,000.
          What if it was a doe? Would they still be fined $10k?

Or was it a penned deer, so destruction of livestock?

Comment

POS.....several people were hunting that deer

Comment

Dang shame!!

Comment

any pics of the buck?

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                  What if it was a doe? Would they still be fined $10k?

Or was it a penned deer, so destruction of livestock?
                  Restitution has a base fee depending on the animal and on bucks it is based off of B&C score.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                    any pics of the buck?
                    Pm me

Comment

Are we talking about same buck that was claimed to be shot in OK? The same buck several of us were hunting in Texoma?

If so I thought he was 200" and 24k fine. I see the notes, maybe 2nd buck?

Comment

This might be him not sure
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Spearchunker View Post
                          Are we talking about same buck that was claimed to be shot in OK? The same buck several of us were hunting in Texoma?

If so I thought he was 200" and 24k fine. I see the notes, maybe 2nd buck?
                          Different deer this deer had 21 points. The deer was already mounted.

Comment

Either way it sucks, people put a lot of time, sweat, money in effort to kill a deer like that and that piece of crap probably shot him standing in the road in the dark.

Comment

Rockwall making two appearances this week.

Comment

Working...
                              X