Turkey Bow Hunt DRT - Short video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turkey Bow Hunt DRT - Short video

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Spo_rVaD44c"]2013 Gobbler DRT - YouTube[/ame]

Nice shot!

Comment

Nice.
      Congrats.
      I have shot 3 or 4 turkeys with my bow and (like in your video) I don't get pass-throughs with my arrow. Same bow, arrow, broadhead as I deer hunt with and I normally get good pass-throughs with deer. I wonder why that is????

Comment

Congrats on the Tom. Great shot.

Comment

Nice shoot'n!

Comment

Originally posted by 2B4Him View Post
            Nice.
            Congrats.
            I have shot 3 or 4 turkeys with my bow and (like in your video) I don't get pass-throughs with my arrow. Same bow, arrow, broadhead as I deer hunt with and I normally get good pass-throughs with deer. I wonder why that is????
            I do have a few thoughts on that. First the kill zone on a turkey happens to also be an area where there are a lot of bones. Turkey bones are not really that dense, except maybe the breastbone, but they are somewhat flexible. The ligaments and tendons are like rubber bands. Also, a turkey is very light compare to a deer. I believe that when the arrow hits a turkey a lot of the energy is lost by hitting the flexible bones, deflecting the arrow and also moving the turkey, rather than just blowing right through. This would be similar to shooting an arrow into a suspended tennis ball. That’s my guess, others may have some better ideas on the subject.
            Last edited by GregO; 03-28-2019, 01:51 PM.

Comment

nice video!

Comment

Originally posted by 2B4Him View Post
                Nice.
                Congrats.
                Nice shot and video!

Ideally, it's better NOT to get a pass through on a turkey. It's hard to fly/run when skewered with an arrow. A lot of people shoot lower poundage when turkey hunting to avoid pass through.
                My Flickr Photos

Comment

Nice video and great shot.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Great shot!!

Comment

Shot my first w/bow this year. 58 lbs, 525 gr shaft w/Snuffer BH at 238 FPS and I got a pass-thru at 13 yds----at least the shaft was laying where he was standing though he flew about 15 yds and crashed.

Comment

Working...
                        X