Moving to Houston area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving to Houston area

Well after a long hard fought and stressful year... I was offered my dream position with a fantastic company. I can move anywhere around Houston area. I'd like to hear thoughts and opinions from those in the know of where that may be. I was initially thinking Katy but after some research I think North is the ticket from Spring up to Lake Conroe perhaps. Any other suggestions or thoughts on what I mentioned? Thanks fellas.

Are you gunna work downtown? Conroe is a good spot. I feel like Katy is far away from everything.

Be prepared you’re prolly gunna get all kinds of garbage replies from htown hating clowns on here - be prepared.

Comment

I know it. No sir I will be a regional so state of Texas is my territory. I'll work out of my home. I can live anywhere I choose to plant down.

Comment

Maybe up near Navasota as well. My options are wide open.

Comment

I live in Conroe and love it (going on 3 years now). Grew up in east Texas then spent 6 years in Houston prior to my arrival here. Montgomery County is growing rapidly and has lots to offer. For me, I like the access to 45 and Hardy/Grand Parkway. I like being north of all of the “mess” when it comes to most traffic, flooding, etc. It still exists, but nothing like the city.

We are relatively close to IAH which makes flying anywhere easy.

There are lots of low key great places to eat, as well as top notch places in The Woodlands area.

Good entertainment options: Cynthia Woods for concerts, Lake Conroe for water (and soon to be Margaritaville). Doesn’t take too long to get to Minute Maid or Toyota Center on Hardy if you decide to venture out.

God willing you’ll keep your gig but if something were to happen there are a lot of opportunities in this area for work.

Lastly, it’s closer to the woods I hunt in, so that’s icing in the cake.

Comment

Live at Augusta Pines off Kuykendahl. Back of Woodlands. Still kinda quiet here. Klein schools. Great place.

Comment

I appreciate the feedback gentlemen!

Comment

Jersey Village is cool

Comment

If you like to fish. The Manvel area is exploding and Pearland schools are phenomenal.

If you want a lake. Conroe Area.

I have lived in Tomball, Pearland, and now Katy. If it was me. I would look towards magnolia personally. You will get more of a home town feeling there with some nice new neighborhoods. Katy is exploding... too quickly. I would avoid it. Yes I live in Katy currently, but it was the best option for me working in memorial city and avoiding toll roads to and from work ($250 a month from Tomball). Tomball/Spring area I have seen it starting to go down hill the last 10 years.

The woodlands are nice, but homes are just so expensive up there.

Fulshear is a nice area as well that is growing steadily.

I hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Fif Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
                      I live in Conroe and love it (going on 3 years now). Grew up in east Texas then spent 6 years in Houston prior to my arrival here. Montgomery County is growing rapidly and has lots to offer. For me, I like the access to 45 and Hardy/Grand Parkway. I like being north of all of the “mess” when it comes to most traffic, flooding, etc. It still exists, but nothing like the city.

We are relatively close to IAH which makes flying anywhere easy.

There are lots of low key great places to eat, as well as top notch places in The Woodlands area.

Good entertainment options: Cynthia Woods for concerts, Lake Conroe for water (and soon to be Margaritaville). Doesn’t take too long to get to Minute Maid or Toyota Center on Hardy if you decide to venture out.

God willing you’ll keep your gig but if something were to happen there are a lot of opportunities in this area for work.

Lastly, it’s closer to the woods I hunt in, so that’s icing in the cake.
                      Yep, what this guy said. Him and I live in the same subdivision and to me it’s perfect location. Can’t go wrong with conroe/woodlands area.

Comment

I am just a tad south of Conroe in the far North side of Spring (99/Gosling). Been here under a year, prior to was in Southwest Montgomery in Magnolia. Liked it even better but the drive to work sucked.

We really like it and it’s far enough away from the HOUSTON mess.

Really depends on what’s important to you and your family overall in order to pick the best location.

If I can help in any way give me a shout.

Comment

My daughter lives in the Heights. Funky neighborhood with great food,good drink and plenty to do. 8 minutes to downtown. She likes it and property appreciation is almost a given. Gentrification at its finest.

Comment

Just out of curiosity, if your territory is all of Texas and you can live anywhere, why would you choose the Houston area? Just curious not saying there aren’t some really nice areas around Houston just wouldn’t be my personal first choice if I could live anywhere else in this great state.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                              Just out of curiosity, if your territory is all of Texas and you can live anywhere, why would you choose the Houston area? Just curious not saying there aren’t some really nice areas around Houston just wouldn’t be my personal first choice if I could live anywhere else in this great state.
                              This is exactly what I was wondering....

Comment

Working...
                              X