non resident applying for draw hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

non resident applying for draw hunts

My son and I used to enter the draw together when he was growing up. Well, he is grown up and working in St Louis MO now. My question is this, does he have to buy a non resident license, before applying? Since there is no guarantee we would draw. I figured that after if and when we drew, he could buy the 5 day license for the hunt period. I called Austin and got bounced around and no one could give me an answer. They seem to get confused between the public draw hunts and the premium hunts. May have go to my local TPWD office and ask someone in person. Would like to hear from someone who has entered the draw with someone else from out of state. thanks.

Just put in the apps and see what happens.

DJ

Comment

I wouldn’t think so, being a license will expire at the end of August.

Comment

The only pre purchase requirement that I know of is for the post card hunts you have to have the AHP prior to applying

There is no requirement that I know of that a person has to have a license to apply for the state hunts

Comment

Non-residents (and residents) can apply for the draw hunts without having purchased a license ahead of time. But remember, a 5-day license is not valid for big game and turkey (just small game and exotics).

Comment

Working...
          X