Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hells canyon Browning X Bolt , worth it or no?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hells canyon Browning X Bolt , worth it or no?

Jus curious if anyone has one of the X Bolt Hells Canyon Browning rifles in 300WinMag or similar caliber and what your thoughts are. I am considering this as my long range option. I have always been a fan of the Ruger M77, I own several. they are a tough all around gun and I love ‘em but ****it those X bolts are pretty! I’m just looking for help justifying the price tag I suppose hahaha.Any help or comments either way is appreciated.

YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Browning and Bergara best values in super accurate factory guns

Comment

While I don’t have any issues with the Browning, I’d think twice just due to the aftermarket support. Triggers and stocks are my main concern, and if you really want to play at long range you’ll start looking to replace both. Bergara isn’t as sexy, but they just plain shoot. Also have the added benefit of a 700 footprint, which arguably has the largest aftermarket selection available by a long shot.

Comment

I don’t think you’ll be disappointed with the Browning from a performance standpoint from everything I’ve read though. No first hand experience with them other than finger banging em.

Comment

I love mine, it’s a shooter for sure. Have it in a 300wm. I just wish the trigger was just a tad bit lighter. My other x-bolt in 22-250 non hells canyon is perfect. Not sure why this one isn’t as light. Or at least it seems that way to me.

Comment

It’s on my short list of factory guns I want to by.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by taylormade820 View Post
              I love mine, it’s a shooter for sure. Have it in a 300wm. I just wish the trigger was just a tad bit lighter. My other x-bolt in 22-250 non hells canyon is perfect. Not sure why this one isn’t as light. Or at least it seems that way to me.
              The trigger is adjustable, is it set as light as it goes? My Hell's Canyon 6.5cm shoots tiny groups!

Sent from my TA-1004 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Samson View Post
                The trigger is adjustable, is it set as light as it goes? My Hell's Canyon 6.5cm shoots tiny groups!

Sent from my TA-1004 using Tapatalk
                Yes. I have adjusted it to as light as I can get it. My other xbolt trigger is noticeably better. Weird I know. I might install an aftermarket trigger.

Comment

M carbon makes a replacement spring. I have one in a xbolt stainless stalker 2506 and im impressed.

Comment

Carbo*** not carbon.

Comment

Go for it ! My son loves his.

Comment

Have mine and I have switched out the trigger for the Timney. Shoots amazing and I shoot it to 1000 no problem. Love the gun. It’s in 6.5 though

Comment

I have the browning hells canyon 300. Very nice rifle trigger isn’t the best for that $. For a little less $ you can get a Bergara and put more $ towards a scope.

The browning western hunter (if available in 300 I didn’t look) is a very nice rifle I have it in 264 win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

From the research I’ve done they are shooters. I ordered one 3 days ago in 270 WSM

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback, I’m not in any big hurry but I will definitely be giving the Bergara a 2nd look. I personally am used to the triggers on the Ruger M77 and don’t have a lot of experience with the higher end aftermarket triggers so It maybe one of those don’t know what your missing situations ! Hahah Again thanks to all of y’all for the feedback

Comment

Working...
                              X