Clear All

Good job!

Comment

Nice Job

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Big Toe View Post
        DOC, can or will you make one to sell??
        i will drive over to Forney in a Heart beat

Thanks for all the nice words guys, really appreciate it.

Chief, I just build stuff for myself, don't really sell anything

Comment

This thread is almost 5 years old and still going. My picture is from 2009.

Comment

I have a question for all of you disc cooker builders. I just built 2 disc cookers 1 for home and 1 for the hunting lease I run. My question is how do you season the discs ? The ones I made are 24 inches in diameter and I do not think they will fit into my oven to season as I do cast iron skillets. I need to know asap before they start to rust after I finish sanding.

Comment

Originally posted by bronco611 View Post
              I have a question for all of you disc cooker builders. I just built 2 disc cookers 1 for home and 1 for the hunting lease I run. My question is how do you season the discs ? The ones I made are 24 inches in diameter and I do not think they will fit into my oven to season as I do cast iron skillets. I need to know asap before they start to rust after I finish sanding.
              Start them on your burner and do what I call is a dry burn. Let the whole disc get hot by rotating it on your burner. Should go from a nice polished silver color to bluish. Turn the burner off and add a good spoonful of manteca around the whole disc. Wipe out the excess and start back from the beginning. 3 x is what I cure all my discadas at. Anymore questions you can PM me.

Benny

Comment

Step 1 - Clean with soap and water, then dry.
                Step 2 - Heat up the disc and slowly add fat or lard, work the grease from the center outwards with a pair of tongs and paper towel, this will take about 15 min to do it right ( you can add salt to keep the smoke down)
                Step 3 - Let it cool down and wipe it clean with oil (front and back)
                Done!!

you can also wipe it with oil and bake it in a large smoker to season it

never clean with soap, use coarse slat and water, think of it as if your trying to polish the disc as apposed to cleaning it..... hope that helps

Comment

Working...
                X