No announcement yet.

New Braunfels river flow & Schlitterbahn tickets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We floated the horseshoe Saturday and it was great.

Comment

Originally posted by twistedmidnite View Post
      We floated the horseshoe Saturday and it was great.
      I've never floated the horseshoe, is it suitable for teenagers? I've heard that is where the drinking and wild crowd goes.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh yea, we had 7 kids ages 5-16. It was great. There was drinking and music but we had both also. Noone got out of line and we're all ready to go back. We did the long float at the horseshoe

Comment

What is the best river to float in the area? We have floated the Comal before, but never tried the Horseshoe float, or the Gaudalupe. I've also seen float trips on the Seguin.

Comment

Both rivers have great flow right now. Now is the time to float the guad compared to past years with having to drag tubes from low flow. Comal is always crowded due to its location and ease of use. Guad will be longer float no matter which section you choose to do. They’re both suitable for teenagers and kids, no section in my opinion is more wild than the other and there will be music and drinking no matter where you go. Any place you choose you’ll have fun with h the kiddos.

Comment

Last year, when my wife and I went. We found the best ticket prices were at the Outlet mall in San Marcos.

Comment

The horseshoe is a good float. Starts off kinda slow and speeds up around the bend. I had an aunt that had property up from the horseshoe. I do miss that place.

Comment

Thanks for the info. We floated the Comal this morning, then took a break for lunch. Just as we left the restaurant, it came a downpour. We went back to the hotel until it quit, then went back to make an afternoon float. Even though the Landa Falls advertised the last trip would leave at 5:00 PM, they closed at 3:00 today, so we couldn't make a second float, even though the rain had moved out by 4:00.
                  We may try the horseshoe or Guadalupe tomorrow, I'll check them out.

Comment

Originally posted by megger89 View Post
                    Last year, when my wife and I went. We found the best ticket prices were at the Outlet mall in San Marcos.
                    Thanks for the tip, we just picked up some tickets for tomorrow.
                    The rain was heavy enough this afternoon to close the Comal for the rest of they day. It will be reevaluated tomorrow.

Comment

We live on the Guadalupe and we go to the Frio. Too many knuckleheads.

As far as Schlitterbahn.....it’s around $50-60 per head!!! Enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
                        We live on the Guadalupe and we go to the Frio. Too many knuckleheads.

As far as Schlitterbahn.....it’s around $50-60 per head!!! Enjoy.
                        The tickets at the San Marcos Premium Outlet that Megger99 recommended were $85 for 2 tickets, and you also get a $10 AMEX gift card good anywhere AMEX is accepted, plus a gift bag with fingernail polish and other useless stuff. It works out to about $37.50 per Schlitterbahn adult ticket.

Comment

I was there the 17th-21st. Had a blast! My wife found some two day deal tickets that made the price about $28 a person. Let me ask her and I'll get back to you.

Comment

Go to Gruene and eat at Gruene River Grille!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              We just ate at the Grist Mill, it was awesome as always.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                                I second that, we love that place!

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X