X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayers up for the families. God bless

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
      Very sad, Prayers for all involved. I am guessing it was a blind curve and head on collision?
      Don't know the details yet but it could be. The channels in the marsh are winding and some people tend to drive too fast thru there.

Comment

No need to guess. Just need to read.

"Ruiz said the two boats were moving at around 30 mph when they crashed into each other around a blind corner"

Someone wasn't following the Drive On Right rule.

Comment

Prayers up.

Comment

Probably had more to do with the intoxication more than the curve. Prayers sent for
            Family and community. Easily avoidable tragedy
            Last edited by glen; 06-24-2019, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Bum deal there

Comment

from another thread.

This happened a few miles from my house near Hugo Point. My understanding is the two boats were both entering a blind cut at the same time and collided. The cut sits about a half mile from the ramp and it's a little shortcut to get to the main river channel. It shaves a few minutes off but it has a blind 90 degree turn where you can't see around the corner due to tall reeds. Folks use it all the time but it is a dangerous spot and there have been many close calls there over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                  Probably had more to do with the intoxication more than the curve. Prayers sent for
                  Agreed

Comment

Originally posted by sectxag06 View Post
                    from another thread.
                    There was a fatality there in that same spot 2017.

Comment

Wow terrible prayers up.

Comment

Originally posted by sectxag06 View Post
                        from another thread.
                        I figured that was where it was, not much room for two boats running at speed there.

Comment

Prayers Up

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                            I am not sure I agree with this. I have had many close calls on the water in the Bastrop area and alcohol was not involved. Lately it is Idiots with boats capable of running 70+ mph in single wide channels. I have also almost ran over a few kayakers coming into Freeport with big swells. Being on the water around Houston these days is dangerous. The captain has to be ready for this type of thing. Blind turns, two overloaded boats is a recipe for disaster, regardless of alcohol or not. One captain failed a test, the captain of a bass boat with seven people on board has no culpability? Even sounds silly to type it.

I dont drink very often these days but when younger a few beers on the water while fishing was common. Drink two beers in an hour and you will be close to legally impaired, if not over. I am not sure what this kid blew but that likely had something to do with the low bond.

Prayers to all involved. Seems one of the victims shares my last name was an eye opener to get that google alert.
                            Last edited by -HIC-; 06-25-2019, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Not good!!!

Comment

So I work with a lady that knows all the people involved. Both boats knew each other and were racing each other around the reed island. The bass boat won and came around the blind corner just before the ski boat and killed the throttle . The ski boat could not stop in time going over top the bass boat. All people involved were coming back for the day from all hanging out together. All were ejected into the water and no one was wearing PFD.

Comment

Working...
                                X