Wade fishing rod????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wade fishing rod????

Which length and power of rod do you guys like for wading. I really like the Waterloo rods and have two. Just looking to get a rod just for wading. Would be throwing plastics and croaker( don’t hate please). Any help would be much appreciated.

It’s a personal choice. But for wade fishing and kayak fishing I love a shorter rod my go too is a 6’5 ML, but that’s mostly artificial, for croakers most people want a little heavier and longer rod, I like short and light, I think a 6’6-7 in a medium would be a good all around. Can’t go wrong with Waterloo, sarge, h&h are my favs

Comment

I fish similar to you and the Castaway skeleton in ML 6’5 works perfect

Comment

Medium light/ Fast 6.5 to 7 foot

Comment

Wade fishing rod????

The baitrunner is really nice, and the HP slam light (I think that’s what it’s called.

Can’t go wrong with the 7’ baitrunner.

I much prefer 7’ over 6’6”, I think mine may be 7’6”..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Last edited by Dale Moser; 06-05-2019, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Wading is what I do most and I use almost exclusively 7'-6" ML/fast tip... For wading the flats, I like to be able to make as long of a cast as I can. I love to sight cast to my targets and being able to get beyond them and bring my lure back to where they are, it is important to be able to reach out there... The longer the rod, the faster the tip, the farther you can cast and maintain accuracy and control...

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
              Medium light/ Fast 6.5 to 7 foot
              This^^

Comment

6’5” ML more you’re willing to spend the lighter the rod will be

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Bassbuster View Post
                    Which length and power of rod do you guys like for wading. I really like the Waterloo rods and have two. Just looking to get a rod just for wading. Would be throwing plastics and croaker( don’t hate please). Any help would be much appreciated.
                    St croix 7’ ML xfast tip

Comment

7-3” or 7-6” M is what I like to use.
                      I have a billystix I had made several years ago and it’s my go to. Cast a long ways with my revo sx and really sensitive. Can feel the croaker well.

Comment

I prefer 7'. Had always loved my waterloo 7' M and ML.

I got a castaway 7L this winter and love it. I was concerned about going to a light action at first. It has become my go to. And I've pulled some nice reds with it and no issues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Mine are all custom, but similar to Castaways. 7.5’ with 10 eyes and short butts. Lots of power in a medium flex, take up lots of slack in the wind, and handle bulls just fine!

Comment

Another vote for 7 foot. I tend to lean toward a medium for croaker but if you want a dual use for plastics go medium lite with a fast tip and it will handle both.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

It really depends on what you want to do with it. For live bait of any type a 7' to 7'6" rod is probably preferable. Most of the guys I know who fish with croakers seem to favor a longer rod.

For wading with lures I like shorter rods. 6'6" with a shorter butt, like an 8" butt or maybe even less. Super light physical weight. Med light, fast action. I like a rod that is light enough to throw soft plastics and heavy enough to throw small to medium sized topwaters. My current favorite is the Crow Series Rods Hybrid model. Super good rods.

If you are wanting one rod to throw croakers and also lures you'd probably want to go with a 7' medium light or medium action rod.

Comment

Working...
                              X