X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Praying the Promises of God!

Praying the Promises of God
    Isaiah 40:8
    Jesus made it clear that we would endure hardship in this life. But God gave His children amazing tools to keep trials from overwhelming us. For instance, He placed His Spirit inside each believer to guide and empower. In addition, He gave us prayer so we could not only communicate and stay connected with our Father but also bring Him our requests.
    Today I want to focus on yet another one of His marvelous gifts: the Bible. Scripture is the actual Word of God Almighty. It is truth. It never changes. It enables us in all circumstances, so we have a sure foundation on which to base our lives and decisions.
    There are thousands of promises in the Bible--countless assurances that we can rely on with perfect confidence. God wants us to learn them so we won't miss out on blessings He wants to give. And wise believers will turn His promises into prayers and the cries of their hearts.
    Let me give you an example that relates to difficult decisions. Psalms 32:8 states, "I will instruct you and teach you in the way which you should go; I will counsel you with My eye upon you." We can pray God's words back to Him, saying that we believe He will teach us and reveal His path, while remaining by our side as our caregiver through the entire situation.
    When hardships arise, we need a solid foundation on which to stand. Otherwise, our emotions could easily lead us astray through faulty thinking. God is faithful and unchanging, so we can trust in His promises, which enable us to rest confidently and act boldly
    Dr. Stanley

Amen

Comment

Thanks for posting Bro Bill

Comment

Thank you for this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Thanks Bro. Bill

Comment

Thank you for posting that. Great reminder.

Comment

Need reminders daily !
                Thank you for thinking of others and giving your time to them.
                You are Blessed and Appreciated Sir.

Comment

Amen, thank you for that.

Comment

Amen!

Comment

I really needed that.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome!!!

Comment

Working...