Any Cultipacker recommendations-ATV/UTV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Cultipacker recommendations-ATV/UTV

Looking to buy a small 4-5 ft cultipacker I can pull with my can-am. Working some small plots.

bought this one from Northern Tool a couple years ago. overall satisfied, is a little light (scheming on how to add weight). works good in field areas with good soil but the rocky parts of the field not so much. if u catch it on sale or get a good coupon u can get it under $500

Comment

I was desperate to find one for spring plots and ended up oredeting a packer maxx. It had good reviews online and from a member here who has had one for a few years.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	CP23.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	156.5 KB
ID:	24648926

I had been looking for years before I bought one from a fellow TBHer. Took it apart, rebuilt and repainted. I had new steel plate sides made for it with modern day bearings. I had to order one new wheel.

There are some good videos on YouTube that show how to make one pretty easy - once you have the wheels. The wheels are the hard part to find or expensive to purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by armadillophil View Post
          I was desperate to find one for spring plots and ended up oredeting a packer maxx. It had good reviews online and from a member here who has had one for a few years.
          I hope you like it!

We’ll be breaking ours out next week I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by armadillophil View Post
            In for results on the packer maxx. Are you discing or using it with no till?

Comment

Thanks for the ideas - gonna take a look at these. Also in for results on the packet maxx

Comment

I recently bought a 6 ft heavy duty cultipacker from kunz engineering. It weighs 400 lbs and I can pull with atv and flip it over to transport on wheels or I can hook it up to the tractor with the 3 point hitch. I researched a lot before deciding on this one and very happy with it. It is ag quality. They also sell a 4 and 5 ft model
                Attached Files

Comment

If you are interested in making one, you can buy the 9.5" inch wheels like on the Kunz and cultipackers sold by Northern Tool, Tractor Supply, etc. run about $15 per wheel. The 15 inch Cultipacker wheels like on the older units and the one I rebuilt cost about $25 each. Most run on a 1 3/4 inch axle.

I would suggest finding an older 4-5 foot unit and replacing the bearings and any broken wheels. Most economical way to get one.

I have also seen a cheap one made out of steel truck rims welded together - cheap and easy.
                  Last edited by wellingtontx; 04-06-2021, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
                    I recently bought a 6 ft heavy duty cultipacker from kunz engineering. It weighs 400 lbs and I can pull with atv and flip it over to transport on wheels or I can hook it up to the tractor with the 3 point hitch. I researched a lot before deciding on this one and very happy with it. It is ag quality. They also sell a 4 and 5 ft model
                    That looks great

Comment

Do you disc it up before running the cultipacker over it?
                      How do you get rid of the vegetation?

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post

That’s a great looking cultipacker...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DZM View Post
                          That looks great
                          Thanks. I had looked at the packer maxx but with our soil being predominantly heavy clay I knew that wasn't what i needed at our place. The packer maxx should be fine for sandy soils with no clods to break up

Comment

Originally posted by Dave W View Post
                            Do you disc it up before running the cultipacker over it?
                            How do you get rid of the vegetation?
                            Yes I disced several times with tractor/6 ft disc. Before the final discing I broadcast my fertilizer then disced it in. After that I broadcast my seed then let the cultipacker do its thing. In the past I used a drag harrow. It was ok but seemed to move a lot of dirt around and caused some areas to get seed covered too deeply or moved seed into low areas and too thick

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
                              That’s a great looking cultipacker...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Thanks. It seems to do the job. So much quicker and efficient than the drag harrow I used to use and with this cultipacker I can see easily where I have already been

Comment

Working...
                              X