No announcement yet.

Lets talk grilled shrimp...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SaltwaterSlick, Smart hates a griddle, but shrimp are awesome on it. Here’s a couple posts from the griddle thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
      SaltwaterSlick, Smart hates a griddle, but shrimp are awesome on it. Here’s a couple posts from the griddle thread.

I don’t hate a griddle, I just go to McDonalds when I want something fried on a steel plate. [emoji12][emoji41][emoji23]

Comment

This stuff is fantastic on grilled shrimp and chicken!

I would never use it on red meat though
        Attached Files

Comment

This stuff is very good. We love it on salmon. Good on shrimp too.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            I don’t hate a griddle, I just go to McDonalds when I want something fried on a steel plate. [emoji12][emoji41][emoji23]

Well Jason, there's a real good reason most all diners and dives use a griddle... cause it is the best cooking device on the planet!! Mankind has evolved beyond burn it with fire...

having said all that tho. I gotta hand it to ya, them dang wangs you make at Bownanza is right thare with the best!! (no tellin' how much better thay'd be if you did 'em on a griddle!!)

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
              Well Jason, there's a real good reason most all diners and dives use a griddle... cause it is the best cooking device on the planet!! Mankind has evolved beyond burn it with fire...

having said all that tho. I gotta hand it to ya, them dang wangs you make at Bownanza is right thare with the best!! (no tellin' how much better thay'd be if you did 'em on a griddle!!)

"Sitting around the griddle" in deer camp just doesn't have the same vibe to it..

Comment

I was curious as to how many left the shells on vs not...tagged.

Comment

Grabbed some of this a few months ago. Its now my go to for lots of stuff. Did burgers last week with his. Used it in breading for fried fish and it was awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                    BBQ crabs are big in SE Texas.....but they are fried. Lol.

Yeah. I grew up on them at Sartin's and the Channel Inn. New Orleans style BBQ Shrimp aren't BBQ'd either though.

Comment

RIP Sartins^

Comment

I know you mentioned grilling. But alternatively, we cook shrimp and fish in the oven. Lightly season, egg wash, then use panko for a great crunchy crust.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                          Yeah. I grew up on them at Sartin's and the Channel Inn. New Orleans style BBQ Shrimp aren't BBQ'd either though.
                          Correct. That's why I mentioned the BBQ crabs that are not grilled either.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            I know how some of yall hate that that title leadin but its all I had....

Wife and I love a good grilled shrimp with a ribeye or just by itself on skewers. We have our go-to "store bought" rotations we switch in and out in Ragin Blaze, Barnacle Dust, Lemon Pepper, Tony's and even a light dusting of Fiesta fajita for shrimp fajitas .....all brushed in real butter. We were talking tonight and think we need a change.

Let's hear what seasonings you like on your shrimp.
                            Since it hasn't been mentioned, one of my favorites is Drunken Shrimp. First tried with shrimp from Port A Crabs, and it's been a cooking staple ever since!

2 tbsp lime juice
                            2 tbsp tequila
                            1/4 cup olive oil
                            1 pinch garlic salt
                            Ground black pepper to taste
                            1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined

Whisk together the lime juice, silver tequila, olive oil, garlic salt, cumin, and black pepper in a bowl. Pour into a large resealable plastic bag; add the shrimp, and coat evenly. Refrigerate 1 to 4 hours. Thread shrimp onto skewers. Place on grill on medium/high heat, turning once, for 5 to 7 minutes.

Additional option: bacon-wrap before placing on skewers

Comment

Less is more when it comes to grilled scrimps. Baste with butter, tony's, garlic powder and lemon juice. Key is to not overcook them. Do this a couple times per month at least. Great as a stand alone, to go with a steak or for tacos.

Comment

Lucy’s in Schulenburg has the best grilled shrimp.

Comment

Working...
                                X