No announcement yet.

Need recommendations for suppressor cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a few of these and they work great - https://precisionundergroundriflegea...sor-insulator/

Comment

I run the Cole-Tacs, and really like them. Much prefer their retainment system to the paracord wraps that a lot of companies use. Just cinch it down tight. That said, I’m not doing mag dumps. Pretty much just use it for mirage mitigation on my bolt rifles. I’ve got the metal Python cover. Their HTP is their high temperature cover, for high round count, mag dump shooting. They also offer a Stricta cord that will tie your cover off to the back of your suppressor to keep it from moving forward under recoil.

Comment

I just got an email from Silencerco advertising a $49 covers sale

Comment

Please enlighten me on the justification of spending that money just to protect the can from scratches?

Comment

Heat coming off your suppressor causes mirage. I fire so slowly that it usually isn’t an issue for me. But I own one from when I was doing long range matches.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
              Please enlighten me on the justification of spending that money just to protect the can from scratches?

Main reason is prevent heat mirage while shooting. Also makes it a lot harder to burn your hands or melt anything you set the can down on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by QuackHunter View Post
                Main reason is prevent heat mirage while shooting. Also makes it a lot harder to burn your hands or melt anything you set the can down on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                ^^^This^^^ Think of it like an oven mitt. They get incredibly hot in a hurry. A few rounds without a cover, and mirage can get pretty bad in high magnification optics. After a five or ten round string, you don’t want it touching skin or anything that can melt.

Comment

Originally posted by cblackall View Post
                  ^^^This^^^ Think of it like an oven mitt. They get incredibly hot in a hurry. A few rounds without a cover, and mirage can get pretty bad in high magnification optics. After a five or ten round string, you don’t want it touching skin or anything that can melt.
                  Yes. I been using my 2 years with pig hunting at night and just can't justify it I guess. I see no benefit related to cost or # of animals killed

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                    Yes. I been using my 2 years with pig hunting at night and just can't justify it I guess. I see no benefit related to cost or # of animals killed
                    Mainly for target shooting. If I gotta stop due to mirage from my can when I could just buy a cover, it’s worth it!

Hunting there is no need. I don’t care about scratches on it

Comment

If you havent felt a need for a can at night youre not shooting much. In the daytime its a lot more beneficial. Mirage starts to appear within a few shots depending on caliber and suppressor. It can severely hinder your performance at distance. At nighttime the only real benefit is not burning the crap out of yourself after dropping 20+ hogs.

Comment

Working...
                      X