Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selling class 3 guns?

How hard is it to sell class 3 guns?
    I have a couple that I really won’t ever use again now that I have sold my farm.
    I have a AR in .300 aac with a 10” barrel and a .44 internally suppressed bolt action.
    Would I need to have a class 3 dealer sell them or would I sell them to someone but then keep the gun until they received the tax stamp?

I am sure it is a pain to move them but seems a waste to just let them sit.

There's bound to be someone or a shop closer to you, but you might ask the folks at AGR Outdoors in Cypress, TX. They've handled all of suppressors and have a large consignment inventory. Good people...(832) 334-4862.

Comment

You handle the transaction the same as a dealer would, the only difference is you’re now the “dealer”. No I’m not saying you’re an actual dealer, just that you’re now the responsible party. Meaning fill out your information in the sellers part of the form 4, and you keep the item until approval. At that time you can then “transfer” the item to the new owner.

Comment

I would swap lowers on the AR, slap a brace on it, and sell it to the pistol/fake SBR crowd. If you ever decide you want another SBR AR, you'll have one ready to go without having to jump through the hoops again and save the $200 that would have otherwise been wasted.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiplashTX View Post
          I would swap lowers on the AR, slap a brace on it, and sell it to the pistol/fake SBR crowd. If you ever decide you want another SBR AR, you'll have one ready to go without having to jump through the hoops again and save the $200 that would have otherwise been wasted.
          This!!! Then you can sell it with only one stamp as well, which should open up the idea to a few more buyers.

Comment

I think I have shot that 44. Did you have a thermal on it? It was a hoot for sure.

Comment

This 10000000000x

Comment

x3 on just swapping lowers on the AR, or just sell the upper. Keep that stamped lower for a rainy day.

Comment

X4 on the AR lower
                  On the lever gun you would just wait until they get a stamped form 4 back to give it to them.

Strange idea: If it is on it's own trust, I wonder if you could just add the buyer as a responsible person/beneficiary of it; and instantly hand it over to them. Someone smartererer than me will find a hole in that plan lol

Comment

Selling class 3 guns?

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                    You handle the transaction the same as a dealer would, the only difference is you’re now the “dealer”. No I’m not saying you’re an actual dealer, just that you’re now the responsible party. Meaning fill out your information in the sellers part of the form 4, and you keep the item until approval. At that time you can then “transfer” the item to the new owner.

Yep. Fill out the proper form(s), submit and wait for approval. You keep the item in your possession until the form comes back approved.

If you are selling it to someone you don’t know I’d probably ask for payment in full or at least a healthy deposit up front.

I also agree keep the registered lower unless you have other reasons for wanting to get rid of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                      I think I have shot that 44. Did you have a thermal on it? It was a hoot for sure.
                      Yes that is the one

Comment

Fake SBR crowd huh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by savin yours View Post
                          Fake SBR crowd huh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Yes. Fake SBRs. Braces suck! Lol. But I understand most hate the wait time and added cost

Comment

Working...
                          X