Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deaf View Post
    That all sounds good. I was considering doing most of that anyway. Thanks. How do those bio rocks work? I put one out but it doesn't seem to be doing much.
    The mineral rocks they wont touch much. The Record Rack Berry Block has corn, berries and other things in it. They love it for some reason. When the acorns are gone, it takes 3 days before it's all gone.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TxTyler View Post
      The mineral rocks they wont touch much. The Record Rack Berry Block has corn, berries and other things in it. They love it for some reason. When the acorns are gone, it takes 3 days before it's all gone.

Very cool. Ill pick one up today

Comment

This has been my program this season. It works.

Drop a berry block from tractor supply and just hand corn once a week with 10+ lbs of corn. That will keep them coming to your spot.

Comment

Originally posted by BigLig View Post
          This has been my program this season. It works.
          Awesome! Wish i had thought to ask before lugging a feeder out

Comment

How often do yall go for a sit? I try to go once or twice a week if the wind is right? Am i overdoing it?

Comment

The raccoons ate my berry block...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

How often do yall go for a sit? I try to go once or twice a week if the wind is right? Am i overdoing it?
                At the beginning of the season I was going fairly frequent, maybe 3-4 times a week, but life happens and I havent been in a few weeks. I still go and put corn out and replace the berry block though. I will get some time in the next two weeks with the holidays and time off from work.

Comment

At the beginning of the season I was going fairly frequent, maybe 3-4 times a week, but life happens and I havent been in a few weeks. I still go and put corn out and replace the berry block though. I will get some time in the next two weeks with the holidays and time off from work.

I gotcha. I dont have kids and from i can get from my front door to my stand in 30 minutes. I could potentially hunt every night. Just worried be out there too often might imprint the deer. Not sure if thats an issue really considering the high traffic of people in general.

Comment

I'm going maybe 1/week depending on the wind. If I see a front coming during the week I might make a morning run or get out in the afternoon. I try to avoid weekends, I know another guy hunts close by with his son on the weekend so I try not to be out there unless the conditions are just too good.

Comment

Originally posted by BigLig View Post
                      I'm going maybe 1/week depending on the wind. If I see a front coming during the week I might make a morning run or get out in the afternoon. I try to avoid weekends, I know another guy hunts close by with his son on the weekend so I try not to be out there unless the conditions are just too good.

Ok. Maybe ill cut it back a bit. I set out a berry block with some hand broadcasted corn on Wednesday. Got a well brusshed in spot with a few shooting lanes. Maybe ill check it out on sunday if the wind is right.

Comment

Anybody take a buck this season? I need some motivation as we move into the home stretch.

Comment

Heading out for an evening sit. Hopefull the new tactics will pay off

Comment

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What'd you end up doing different/changing? Good luck. Everything I have on camera is moving around 5:20pm till dark.

Comment

What'd you end up doing different/changing? Good luck. Everything I have on camera is moving around 5:20pm till dark.

Moved to a more open area with more heavily trafficked trails. Put out one of those berry blocks and swapped the feeder for hand broadcasted corn. Also set up in a brush blind.

Comment

Working...
                                X