Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ford F150 Ecoboost 4x4? Talk me out of it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a 15’ 4x4 eco that I pulled 170k on with no major issues when I traded it in. Solid vehicle imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You may be able to get a helI of a deal on a new ‘19 right now that’ll end up cheaper than buying used. I bought a new ‘18 model Chevrolet 1500 right after Christmas last year. Sticker on it was $45,500. I gave a little over $28K for it. Bought it at Holiday Chevrolet in Whitesboro. Holiday Ford is right next door. Might want to see what kind of deals they’ve got got going on in a couple of weeks when they’re trying to clear out all the 19’s.

Comment

I have a first gen ecoboost (2011) FX4 with the 3.73 gears. Only has $100k miles and is going strong. Wish I had the 36gal tank though

Comment

I have a 15 eco with 70k trouble free miles. Maybe the newer ones get better mileage but mine was getting 17mpg with stock tires. I have 33’s now and get 15mpg with a light foot.

Comment

I have a 2015 F150 2wd with the 2.7 turbo. I bought it new and love the mileage, comfort, and spacious cabin (and quiet unlike the POS 2010 Chevy I had). It can get up and go when needed.

There are things that I don't like.
            1. The aluminum shell dents very easily; I put a small dent in the door frame by lightly bumping it with a guitar amp.
            2. The annoying "fuel saver" is just that (annoying) and you can turn that off by pushing a button each time you start the engine. I've read that it can be avoided by removing a fuse but I haven't done that since it doesn't activate every time I brake to a stop.
            3. I just found out yesterday that the oil pan and drain plug are heavy plastic and that the plug should be replaced around every 3rd oil change. I haven't done this and doubt that any service provider has done it, but I've ordered a couple off eBay. The Ford house wants $12 and change for one. The oil filter is in a "canister" on top of the engine, which is ok, I guess. As you can tell, I don't change my oil and rely on others for that service. I'm concerned about the use of plastic for the pan and plug and accompanying O rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Stalker View Post
              Steel bumpers, leveling kit, 33” wheels and black wheels
              Dang, his big will the tires be!

Comment

Turbos

Comment

I have a 19 with 34,000 miles, average 15-17 mpg, 80% highway. Awesome truck and big fuel tank offsets the poor mileage!

Comment

Originally posted by 999 View Post
                    Dang, his big will the tires be!

Lmao. I meant 33” tires and black wheels. [emoji2361]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I’ve been researching this truck heavily myself. From what I’ve researched they seem to be very solid trucks. I would prefer the max tow package and 3.73 rear end.
                      I would be very interested in hearing the weight of loads people are hauling. We just bought a 30’ bumper pull travel trailer with a 6,200 lb dry weight and 920 lb tongue weight. I’m afraid our trailer is a little to much for this truck. I don’t want to be white knuckled when I pull. Not to derail the op but I would like to hear comments.

Comment

Originally posted by Tex1986 View Post
                        I’ve been researching this truck heavily myself. From what I’ve researched they seem to be very solid trucks. I would prefer the max tow package and 3.73 rear end.
                        I would be very interested in hearing the weight of loads people are hauling. We just bought a 30’ bumper pull travel trailer with a 6,200 lb dry weight and 920 lb tongue weight. I’m afraid our trailer is a little to much for this truck. I don’t want to be white knuckled when I pull. Not to derail the op but I would like to hear comments.

No derail. I was fixing to ask the same question!

Comment

I am looking at a 2019 King ranch. Haven’t decided to go new or used.

Comment

My actual mpg is in the 18 range. I have got in the 20's on long trips

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

beautiful trucks and plenty of power. i just can’t get over the tin foil body. i don’t know who’s great idea that was, but we have over 120 vehicles in our fleet and by far... our big spend is repairing these **** candy wrapper fords.

if it wasn’t for that, i’d probably have gone that route before my tundra. they are so nice

Comment

Love my 18. 3.5 4x4. Tons of backseat room. In October had an antelope trip to Wyoming and sight seeing back home with almost 60 hours and 3000 miles in the truck over a week, with no complaints, other than I wish I had a camper shell instead of a tonneau. I don’t pay very much attention to mileage but I’m averaging 18mpg with just a little bigger than factory tire. Very happy with “stepping down” from a 3/4 ton.

Comment

Working...
                                X