School me on Skid Steers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2017 Kubota SVL95

I have a gently used one for sale on Craigslist Houston if anybody is looking for one. Just listed it. 572 Hours

Comment

we have 2 - JD 323E Track/cab machines
      These are beasts...best thing about JD is you can get parts at any JD tractor dealer as well.
      Most smaller towns have an AG PRO or some kind of JD dealership.
      This has been a lifesaver when you need a simple part or a hose or something.

Whatever you decide, figure out what you are going to do with the machine and make sure you match the machine with the proper attachment...HI Flow, no high flow etc.
      If you plan on any type of shredder or brush cutter, a enclosed cab is a must. also 2 speed is a must in my opinion

Comment

It’s getting close to buying time. I’m probably going with the Cat 289 hi flow. I really don’t want to deal with def. If I were using it every day it wouldn’t bother me. Setting up possibly a month or so could cause problems with it crystallizing. Otherwise it would be between the Cat 299 and the Kubota 95. Plan is to pull the trigger Monday morning.

Comment

You will be happy with the 289. We run 2 of them one with 3500 hours and the other pretty close to that with zero problems....well other than self induced. Lol and we run the hell out of them.

Comment

Bobcat is still king. Kubota has a serious DEF problem now days. We have both and the Bobcat still runs great.

Comment

Slowly making progress. Made a trip to Marble Falls today to do some attachment shopping.
              Talk about a kid in the candy store! Those guys have a good supply of everything and then some. Super nice people to do business with. My only regret was not taking my big trailer as I could have bought some more stuff that I "needed". I just ran out of trailer room. I'm gonna have to make another trip one day.

Just waiting on Cat to delivery my machine and then it's off to the races!

Comment

Nice. All the different attachments are great. Is that a shredder you have loaded up front? Let me know how that works, my dad was looking at those vs dropping the money on a muncher.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuck View Post
                  Nice. All the different attachments are great. Is that a shredder you have loaded up front? Let me know how that works, my dad was looking at those vs dropping the money on a muncher.
                  Yes it is. I'm not going pro see didn't see the need to get a mulcher. I've got a lot of yaupon and small cedars that I want to whack. Not really concerned about how fine a grind I get. This one was about half the price of a cheaper mulcher. It'll be interesting to see how it performs.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                    Yes it is. I'm not going pro see didn't see the need to get a mulcher. I've got a lot of yaupon and small cedars that I want to whack. Not really concerned about how fine a grind I get. This one was about half the price of a cheaper mulcher. It'll be interesting to see how it performs.
                    We have one and its pretty bad ***. Its not a mulching head by any means but it will tear up some stuff and send it flying. You will be glad you have a cab. Lol.

Used it on pastures up under trees and knocking down small cedars / saplings. You made a heck of a haul today!

Comment

We have a Kubota SVLI95 track loader and nothing comes close except a Cat.

Comment

you and I bought basically the same package at iDig

I'm lucky in that it only takes me 30 minutes to get there, but even I take my big trailer when I go see them

You get an auger yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                          you and I bought basically the same package at iDig

I'm lucky in that it only takes me 30 minutes to get there, but even I take my big trailer when I go see them

You get an auger yet?
                          No auger yet. Have one on my tractor. I did get a post driver though.

Comment

No auger yet. Have one on my tractor. I did get a post driver though.
                            What post driver did you pick up?

Comment

Slowly making progress. Made a trip to Marble Falls today to do some attachment shopping.
                              Talk about a kid in the candy store! Those guys have a good supply of everything and then some. Super nice people to do business with. My only regret was not taking my big trailer as I could have bought some more stuff that I "needed". I just ran out of trailer room. I'm gonna have to make another trip one day.

Just waiting on Cat to delivery my machine and then it's off to the races!

What was your deciding factor on Cat vs. Kubota?

Comment

It finally came to an end today. I can't believe how long it took for me to get this skid steer! Almost two months from researching to getting it delivered. But it got delivered today. Lot's of cat tracks around the ranch.

The Mustang cat salesman I talked to never bothered to call me back. I guess he figured I wasn't going to buy one. The local Kubota dealer didn't have anything in stock. So I stopped by Holt in San Antonio on a trip down to the ranch. That's when things changed. They actually wanted to sell one. It took a little while to get the package together but they delivered it today.

Comment

Working...
                                X