No announcement yet.

School me on Skid Steers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iron Planet Ft.Worth will have what you're looking for.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve ran both Cat and Kubota a lot. I prefer the cab and controls of the Kubota. The door on the Cat is a huge pain. The only time you can open it is if the boom is all the way down. Also the door in the Cat has safety exit handles on the left side. Had an employee use them to exit the machine. You can’t imagine how hard it is to put those safety latches back on. The positives of the Cat are the simplicity and reliability of the drivetrain. Also the Cat seems to have more pushing power

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
        It's getting closer to buying time. Got a price on the Kubota 95 but they didn't have any in stock. Supposed to get some in the next couple of weeks. Stopped by the Cat dealership today and looked at a CAT 299 D2 XHP. The salesman wasn't around so all I got to do was look. Very nice machine and only $30,000 more than the Kubota. I'm trying to convince myself to up the budget even though it not going to be used commercially. Anybody have or know of a lightly used CAT 299 D2 XHP for sale?
        I work at a kubota dealer in temple , we have 95-2’s in stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Chapo View Post
          I’ve ran both Cat and Kubota a lot. I prefer the cab and controls of the Kubota. The door on the Cat is a huge pain. The only time you can open it is if the boom is all the way down. Also the door in the Cat has safety exit handles on the left side. Had an employee use them to exit the machine. You can’t imagine how hard it is to put those safety latches back on. The positives of the Cat are the simplicity and reliability of the drivetrain. Also the Cat seems to have more pushing power

The one and only thing i don't like abour cats is the door setup. Other than that i would take them over any other machine. They definitely have more pushing power than any other machines i have ran. We've had cats deeres kubotas case(junk) and Bobcats.

Comment

Not trying to derail but can anyone point me in the direction of the thread where the guy hired a fella to "mulch" his rock driveway with a skid steer? I cant find it for the life of me

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
              Not trying to derail but can anyone point me in the direction of the thread where the guy hired a fella to "mulch" his rock driveway with a skid steer? I cant find it for the life of me

Comment

Thanks man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                  The one and only thing i don't like abour cats is the door setup. Other than that i would take them over any other machine. They definitely have more pushing power than any other machines i have ran. We've had cats deeres kubotas case(junk) and Bobcats.
                  What are the problems with case? I was looking at New Holland which is my understanding the same machine as the case.

Comment

tagged

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK View Post
                      What are the problems with case? I was looking at New Holland which is my understanding the same machine as the case.
                      Pretty much you name it and it broke. Not really but thats what it seemed like as it was constantly down and in the shop. We had it around 6-8 months before we got rid of it and got another cat

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                        It's getting closer to buying time. Got a price on the Kubota 95 but they didn't have any in stock. Supposed to get some in the next couple of weeks. Stopped by the Cat dealership today and looked at a CAT 299 D2 XHP. The salesman wasn't around so all I got to do was look. Very nice machine and only $30,000 more than the Kubota. I'm trying to convince myself to up the budget even though it not going to be used commercially. Anybody have or know of a lightly used CAT 299 D2 XHP for sale?
                        I would definitely try and find a Kubota. Since the last time I posted on this thread, we have started to have a lot of issues with the two brand new 259D CAT skid steers we bought. Electrical and fuel pumps on both machines. They have been fixed under warranty, but its still cause for concern in my opinion. Both machines have less than 500 hours on them.

Comment

I keep coming back expecting pics of M16's new ride.

Comment

Consider your budget and how much you use it first. Tracks will be more than tires and worth it depending on where you use it. Hand controls are easier I am told than hand/foot controls. My Bobcat S130(Kubota engine) has tires and foot controls. I have not problem with the foot operation of the bucket. Air Conditioning would be nice in Texas but more $$.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowthreat View Post
                              I would definitely try and find a Kubota. Since the last time I posted on this thread, we have started to have a lot of issues with the two brand new 259D CAT skid steers we bought. Electrical and fuel pumps on both machines. They have been fixed under warranty, but its still cause for concern in my opinion. Both machines have less than 500 hours on them.
                              This ^^^
                              I worked for CAT for 20 years, a lot of that time as a Technician. I manage a huge fleet of equipment now. We can't afford downtime with equipment & don't want to keep spare machines around for breakdowns.
                              I now stay away from CAT equipment due to the wait times for service response & electronic troubles in the new equip. I have a backhoe in the S.A. shop now for a Warranty engine repair- been there 2 months. That would be a major problem for an owner operator.
                              The older D series ( 2011 ) John Deere machines a reliable.
                              The 3 Kubotas I purchased a doing great so far.
                              CASE & New Holland would be my last resorts.
                              Takeuchi, I feel makes the best track machine in the market. It is their track & undercarriage design that is universal to the market design now.
                              They built the 1st machines in early 2000's. The TL140 with an Isuzu diesel, awesome machine.
                              Good luck.

Comment

I saw the JD 333g in action with a mulcher and dozer blade on my place. I was utterly amazed with all the tasks it preformed and how quickly my property was transformed. Its a small dozer at 12K lbs but can do 50 other things dozer can't. I don't have any experience seeing nor using any of the other models mentioned here but I was impressed.

Comment

Working...
                                X