Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting game cam pics- what can a deer see vs a camera picking up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting game cam pics- what can a deer see vs a camera picking up?

I’m not sure if this has anything to do with what a deer sees vs what a camera picks up….
    But I thought this was interesting.

In this picture you’ll see….
    Ok don’t laugh at my goat pen panels - I welded them up when I was stuck at home with my COVID experience…. they were originally intended to be around one feeder of a dual feeder set up in Menard to keep the goats off some corn when the herd came through. That lease folded so I hauled them to the Brackettville lease where the small band of goats has since been removed. So they only serve to keep cows and pigs off the bulk of the corn- They are 48” tall with two recently added 36” sections to allow easier access for the deers to use.

I digress- back to the pictures
    In the daylight picture you can barely make out a tripod I have in the background that I used old artificial Christmas tree limbs to brush in.

In the second picture these Christmas tree limbs stand out like a beacon in a picture that was in some sort of daylight to dark transition.
    Found it interesting they would glow like that when the natural brush just kinda turns white.

So do the deer see this blob as in the second pic ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DaveC; 10-25-2021, 11:10 PM.

Deer won’t see a thing. Prob just the infrared light causing this to stand out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I was really hoping for a Bigfoot/black panther picture.

Comment

Just to be safe, you probably shouldn’t deer hunt that spot at night.

Comment

Nobody really knows what deer see. There are lots of theories, mostly based on science, but they have changed down through the years. Only a deer knows what a deer sees, but I wouldn’t worry about it, guys been killing deer out of those setups ever since there have been tripods.

Comment

Whether they see it or not is irrelevant. I find that the main issue is if they "are used to seeing it". People shoot deer and see deer 5 yards from blinds that stick out like a sore thumb every day of hunting season, because they've been there every day.

Comment

Looks like tree limbs to me. And the goat panels are bad azz Ed!

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                Whether they see it or not is irrelevant. I find that the main issue is if they "are used to seeing it". People shoot deer and see deer 5 yards from blinds that stick out like a sore thumb every day of hunting season, because they've been there every day.
                This, especially if a deer has been seeing it their entire life. Maybe when it’s new it may cause some initial nervousness, but after a few days I believe they get used to it and don’t even pay attention to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                  Looks like tree limbs to me. And the goat panels are bad azz Ed!

Thanks, it was a trial and error type deal.
                  You can see here (where I added a 36” panel I scrounged up) that I made the fence sections interlocking with a 16” piece of rebar holding top together and then another at the bottom locking it and the remainder driven into the ground.

It took me about a week and since I was on lockdown - when I ran low on parts- anything laying around not in use became part of my panels- lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SwampBuck View Post
                    I was really hoping for a Bigfoot/black panther picture.
                    Me Too.....not enough people posting those stories lately

Comment

Originally posted by Mbbriggs05 View Post
                      Me Too.....not enough people posting those stories lately
                      I really should have read the whole title but I got caught skimming.

Comment

Working...
                      X