Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do when a lease member shoots a buck on the no hit list ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First thing I’d do is get a new lease manager.

Skinny

Comment

I read the first 8-10 posts you made on here. If anything the guy should be ****** at YOU. You’re all over the place. He’s on a no kill list but he’s 5.5. We put him on a list but I mean rules say 5.5 at least. Blah blah. Make up your mind as a group and stick to it. If you discuss taking him off the list with anyone, it needs to be clear. And the 124” deer the guy shot seems to be in the rules too. Sounds like some of you are mad because he is successful. I think you have a YOU problem. Instead of hammering the guy you should be telling him congrats. And be more clear on your rules.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
        Too many trickle down evidence bein released at OP's leisure...
        Deer wasnt officially on a no hit list...just a implied list in discussion...was 5.5 which makes it officially a shooter according to rules...hunter then didnt tell anyone...i stopped reading after that

Kick OP off lease for failure to properly tell a story.
        and bad grammar skills. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
          We have a situation a Buck was shot that was on a no hit list but appears to be 5.5 which we said on the Rules bucks 5.5 and older are allowed!! But we had this buck on the no hit list because we thought he could get better next year at 6.5 !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Remember, its just a deer. What do you value more, his membership or a deer. I understand about the rules and all that and what you are trying to accomplish. Hunting is supposed to fun and enjoyable, sometimes we can legislate fun right out of it. If the buck was a 5 year old, then he is good. A 5 year old and an off limits buck is a big hurdle for some folks.

Comment

[quote=Hoss163;13752093]
            Originally posted by mww982 View Post
            You are conflicting yourself in this post. The deer was or was not on the “no kill” list. You say it was not officially on the list but then it was put on the list. You cannot have it both ways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/. He was never put on the list but I agree I thought he was 5.5 and maybe we should put him on the list but never made it clear that he was on the list to all the members!!

You solved this quandary all by yourself. Cancelling someones membership over a deer is stupid. If you kick him off the lease, are you gonna refund the remainder of his lease fee? That would be fair.

Comment

Originally posted by barnett77859 View Post
              a lease should be a fun place to hunt and unwind good friend and fellowship
              with all the rules and a list of shooters and non shooter just kills it for me
              what ever happen to just hunting with good friends what happens if a buck shows
              up that has not been seen before might be a buck of a life time but not on kill list
              dang hard to let him walk
              This is where I’m at. Glad I don’t have to deal with these types of issues. But, I do see the need for rules and if the rules were communicated clearly and still broken then he may need to be reprimanded. If not clear move on and be more clear in the future

Comment

Originally posted by barnett77859 View Post
                a lease should be a fun place to hunt and unwind good friend and fellowship
                with all the rules and a list of shooters and non shooter just kills it for me
                what ever happen to just hunting with good friends what happens if a buck shows
                up that has not been seen before might be a buck of a life time but not on kill list
                dang hard to let him walk
                Thank you.

Comment

I think I might give my lease manager a big sloppy wet kiss. He is nothing like this. Having been on a lease like you are describing, is NOOO fun.

Second thought, cut him loose, he would be better off on another lease.

Comment

The only rule on our place is that if it makes you happy shoot it. If you have second thoughts, let it walk. That being said several others have shot deer that I would not not have, but they have always been happy. That is why I hunt, and as others have stated this seems to be missing in many deer camps in the name of “management”.

Comment

This is what makes hunting out west all I will do. Put in for tags and if you get drawn go harvest what makes you happy. Whitetail hunting in Texas has made grown men act like kids over a critter. I say don’t let this guy in the sandbox to play anymore

Comment

I’m on a lease that doesn’t have many rules and after reading the OP’s back and forth, I’m glad we don’t.

Comment

Unless you are shooting 180” plus deer just let it slide. Establish better rules next year.

Comment

Sounds confusing to us, and most likely the member. Sounds like yall need to tighten up the rules and be more clear. Also sounds like his other buck was within the rules as well. He hasn't messed up in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Brand them with Birthdate!!!!!!!!

Comment

Reading this thread is making me dizzy....

Comment

Working...
                                X